Midway and primer "alert" (whine...)

Mike6158

So I'm sitting here at my computer when BAM three emails with something about Primers came in from Midway. All three were alerts that the three different magnum primers that I had asked to be notified about were in. WOO HOO!!! I clicked the link... :cool: out of stock... clicked the next link :cool: out of stock... clicked the last link IN STOCK... and they were 215M's!! Jackpot... ADD 5 to cart.... ORDER.... :D What??? you've got to be f'ing kidding me... there's a big round zero in the quantity ordered column... and Out of Stock, no back-order displayed on the screen. gun)

I think they should have at least saved me a box. Don't they know who I am? :D

I did the same thing, but I didn't try ordering as our local supply is looking better every week. The last gun show I went to guys actually had to take primers home and didn't sell out :)

Just curious what do you guys feel is a reasonable shelve life for primers assuming your keeping them indoors in a relatively low humidity environment?

I've got pistol primers that are at least 8 years old and they shoot fine. A few, not many anymore, of my rifle primers are 5+ years. I've heard that as long as you keep them reasonably cool and dry shelf life is quite a while (hesitant to quote a number due to bad memory :D )

Mike6158, sounds good I think I'm ok then as I'll probably only keep enough around for 1-2 years at the most. Got your PM Thanks.

Merry Christmas to you and yours also and may the New Year bring you all you hoped for. Chas.

I have a 1000 f215's sitting on my shelf, and went looking for imr 4831 at 3 places, last place found 8 #'s, by then ID SPENT ALL MY CASH ON bullets:)

Just curious what do you guys feel is a reasonable shelve life for primers assuming your keeping them indoors in a relatively low humidity environment?

Not trying to say I am old, but I had some CCI 200's that I have had since the late 60's, still had the sticker on them, 72 cents per 100. So I decided to use them for fireforming. Only about 1 in 15 failed to fire, so I guess I got my moneys worth out of them.
Dave

72 cents per 100 and a box of Winchester 30-06 $4.85, candy bars were a nickel and brand new loaded corvettes were about as much as the average custom rig...I'm not old and neither are you but, we are wiser than back then my friend.:) thanks for sharing...it brings back memories. Have a Merry Christmas and hope the New Year brings you all you hope for.

I keep all my primers and powder in 50 cal. GI steel ammo cans that seal air tight.
Ya I know you're not supposed to keep powder in enclosed containers, but if my house catches on fire :D I'm not standing out front, :D I'm going down the street. I have primers that are 10 yrs old that work like new ones.
Just my 2 cents.
Tarey

They are getting hard to come by. I saw 8 boxes of BR2's the other day at a local gunshop, of course it was just before payday and I didn't have the funds. I went back 3 days later, after payday, and they were all gone. It ****ed me off that they were $59.99 per 1000. That is ridiculous. JohnnyK.

59.99 per 1000 man that's steep...not so sure I would be frequenting that store again. Shame on them.

Not trying to say I am old, but I had some CCI 200's that I have had since the late 60's, still had the sticker on them, 72 cents per 100. So I decided to use them for fireforming. Only about 1 in 15 failed to fire, so I guess I got my moneys worth out of them.
Dave

I've also got a goodly amount from the '60's & if they were properly stored they still function 100% I did have 1 box that did not survive but it was seperate from the rest & smelled like WD40 Duh...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts