Middle Tn. 1000yd range

broknbonz

Strategic Edge Inc. in Chapel Hill, Tn. 0-1000yds, covered shooting benches and room for prone shooters. Large separated pistol/combat rifle 0-50yd ranges. Nice office, training facility. Memberships limited to 500 at this time. The Owner is very open to any idea members have to improve the facility and Has plans & room to expand if needed.

Range is open daylight to dark daily. Members will have access code to gate and office and can come & go as you please. ID badges are supplied and required when on premises.
Range supplies Golf cart for rifle shooters to put up & check targets. Also targets and assorted range supplies offered onsite " honor system"

Strategic Edge Inc. does have a Facebook page with a few assorted pictures and contact information.

I can possibly answer any general questions but I'm just a member so please direct any specific questions to the range owner.
Office 615-599-9911,
Fax 615-535-2720,
Cell 615-948-3335 "Tony Shankle"

After seeing this post, I went over to take a look at this range. I've been looking for a place to shoot long range, and there aren't a lot of places in Tennessee you can do that. I live in Lynchburg, so it's only about 35 miles from my house.

I joined on the spot. The price of the membership($150 Regular Membership, $125 per year for veterans and senior over 65), is a steal for this level range. Realy nice range facilities and, so far, nothing but great people. The background check only took about a week and I've shot the 100 yd. and 300 yd. rifle and 50 yd. pistol ranges 3 times since then. Going over Thursday evening after work to shoot the 1000 yd. range and can't wait for them to finish the 500 yard range.

I think we've met Nimrod, but not officially.

I'll be around Thursday afternoon and I think i've heard you'll be shooting also. see you then

After seeing this post, I went over to take a look at this range. I've been looking for a place to shoot long range, and there aren't a lot of places in Tennessee you can do that. I live in Lynchburg, so it's only about 35 miles from my house.

I joined on the spot. The price of the membership($150 Regular Membership, $125 per year for veterans and senior over 65), is a steal for this level range. Realy nice range facilities and, so far, nothing but great people. The background check only took about a week and I've shot the 100 yd. and 300 yd. rifle and 50 yd. pistol ranges 3 times since then. Going over Thursday evening after work to shoot the 1000 yd. range and can't wait for them to finish the 500 yard range.

Good to put a face with the name. Enjoyed shooting with you and that Savage of yours is a tack driver at 1k yds. congrats on a sweet shooter

Good to put a face with the name. Enjoyed shooting with you and that Savage of yours is a tack driver at 1k yds. congrats on a sweet shooter

You too. It was a great evening to shoot. I think we created a couple of new long range shooters. Tony said we're shooting again next Thursday. I'm looking forward to seeing your new 6 mm Shankle. I expect it will be a shooter too.

Dont think ill have it ready to shoot by next week so I'll prob be the RSO next outing.

Need to get a few more folks to attend the Thursday evening practice.

Thanks again for letting everyone take a shot with your equipment. I know that stuff ain't cheap nor easy to put together

Re: Middle Tn. 1250 yd range

The Strategic Edge range is almost finished with Phase 2 expansion. Tony said the new ranges will be finished by the end of next week.

We've added several new ranges during the expansion. We've built a new 200 yard range for the short range. There is also a whole new long range shooting area. This new range has a 100yard range, a 600 yard range, a 750 yard range, a new 1000 yard range and a 1250 yard range. To go along with the new berms, we've add a new covered firing line with bench rest shooting tables and room for prone shooters. We've also doubled the length of the 100-500 yard short range.

There is also a new 3 side berm-surrounded 75 yard pistol/carbine range. With the 2 existing pistol bays, we intend to start having 3 gun matches.
There is also a 4 bank 22 silhouette range where we will be having matches.

For the archery shooters, we have a fixed distance target range and a 3D target range in the woods.

So, if you're looking for s place to shoot in Tennessee, this my be what you're looking for. Additional memberships are now being accepted and the membership is still the same. Take a look at the web site at Strategic Edge

It sounds like an excellent facility. The membership should fill up fast.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts