Mid-Asian Ibex…Berger or Accubond

Ahh. Well I got a reply notice when you posted since I had posted in the thread when it was fresh/new.

Thanks, always glad to see you and one of these days I'll find a way to take you up on your offer although if I come you may have to put up with Mario as well.
you are always welcome mate. sent you a profile msg

Good luck! Looked at doing that hunt last year in Kyrgyzstan but got into my desert sheep,and then An antelope hunt, then, a group guys pheasant hunt, and my typical whitetail deer spend...so tapped my time and money out...

I would not be afraid of using the Berger..I have killed a crap load of stuff with a Berger 115, and 140 gain bullet, and stuff always was dead on the other end. I will say that bullet performance if based on retained weight is not confidence inspiring. Bullet failures happen and I'm bound to get burned one of these days. I don't use Hornady DGx bullets because they broke up and dang near lost a very expensive eland for me. If I were you and had a good load with a accubond, or a Barnes LRX bullet...I'd probably lean that way. If I hAd it dialed in with a Berger and practiced--I would not try to reinvent the wheel and put the bullet in the right spot. There is a lot to be said about confidence between the ears! It helps on an international hunt! Long trip, different time zones, language Barrier ..last thing you want to worry about is hey is my gun really on??? Have fun...it's on my bucket list...

Last edited:
Other than Alaska, I pretty much hunt Asia exclusively and have taken a number of different ibex. Aside for the usual recommendations regarding accuracy, my first choice would be a Nosler AB followed by Barnes TTSX. Make sure you wear your climbing boots! Good luck.

I used a 180gr nosler accubond for my ibex hunt last year in kygyzstan with good results.

From my experience ibex are not particularly tough animals. In our camp, we had three hunters shooting three different calibers. The longest shot was with a .308 at 455 that was using the hornady precision hunter brand ammo- DRT. The next was killed with a .270 at 200 yards shooting Remington coreloct. DRT.

If you wouldn't question the load on a mule deer, I wouldn't question it on an ibex hunt.

I'd love to do a hunt like this. The travel (mainly the location) gives me pause.

What does a guided hunt through an outfitter with travel and everything door to door like this cost?

And yes I would probably use the tried and true accubond if I were to go

What does a guided hunt through an outfitter with travel and everything door to door like this cost?

And yes I would probably use the tried and true accubond if I were to go
Depends on the species and country
A world record class bezoar can cost 150k
Where a representative ibex in spain is around 6500