Microlon Gun Juice Report

It is more labor intensive than the what the label says... didn't take me too long to figure that out :)

Of course, my barrels were real challenges. What complicated the process was removing the "chemistry" of the cleaning products, that 's one reason to accomplish a full break-in before treating. it makes the treatment process a lot simpler assumimg the break-in significantly reduces fouling.

With a good custom barrel, if figure my pain level would have been greatly reduced. I am happy that I can now clean my 25-06 in less than a day (including Wipeout/Gunslick Foam soakings) vs 5 days, but it took a whole lotta effort to get there. In the case of trying to "salvage" the 25-06, I dont think a pre=break-in would have helped much due to the conditon of the barrel. I suspect the GJ actually sealed copper into the cracks, but that is complete speculation. Wish I had a bore scope :rolleyes:

20 shots that require cleaning and nuetralization between each is labor intensive.

What might help you a little was a little trick that one of my customers told me about to speed up the cleaning of the bore. Automotive brake cleaner. He said that he opened the breach and sprayed it down the bore and just let everything just drip out.

I was very sceptical about using ( snake oil ). I decided that i would start with my Ruger 10/22. After the cleaning job ( as bottle states ) you need to run a patch down the barrel and shoot while the product is still wet in barrel ( heat activated ).
I did notice that my average speed increased and my POI raised about 3/4 inch.
From there i went to my 223. I also noticed a average speed increase of about 30 fps and a POI that climbed over 1 inch. Barrel became very easy to clean and fouling was reduced. I since then have treated my 308,45 ACP and am getting ready to treat my 6MMBR. I would not reccomend this for a brand new rifle as i think one needs to get 100 or so rounds down it first. The big kicker for me was the grouping.
In all cases my groups did get tighter. I am very much impressed with what it seems to do. I now have over 25,000 rounds down my Savage FVSS 223. I have noticed no backing down in accuracy. I was able to drop my powder load by .3 gns and still have same MV. On a side note as stated in first post- It is a PITA and very time consuming to apply. I did mine all in one trip to the range. One just has to clean barrel very well in-between shots. For me, I just took one day off from work hit the range on a week day and spent 4 hrs to get it done.

I will be using this on every rifle or pistol i buy in the future. I have never used it in a older rifle so i can not comment on that side.

In short my benifits were

1- easier cleaning
2- increased MV
3- tighter groups
4- less powder ( minimal savings)
5- Increased barrel life- ( still waiting for the jury to come back,but is looking very good so far )

I do not sell this product nor do I endorse it in any way. It just seems to work very very well for me.

Still need another bore cleaning product to remove carbon and copper. The bore will clean easier after treated with Gun Juice. But Gun Juice isn't a copper / carbon removal product.

Yes you still need to clean your barrel as normal,but cleaning will be much easier. To those wondering, I am still running very strong on the 223.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.