MGM 6mm x 30-30ai caliber?

hunlee

Call was made to mgm today about getting new barrle for Contender frame.Nice lady say maybe 6mm x 30-30ai wood be good for hunlee long range hunting?Me not knowing what to think told nice lady hunlee need time to think about this....Anyone here know about 6mm x 30-30ai?....Anyone here know where hunlee could get loading die for this caliber?....Wood this 6mm x 30-30ai be good for hunlee long ranger?Maybe hunlee should keep looking?MGM has nice web site and MGM has nice lady to talk on phone....Maybe hunlee call back tomorrow and ask to speek with someone elso who shoot this 6mm x 30-30ai.Maybe someone here can help hunlee?thankyou

hunlee

Hunlee,
I pm'd you some suggestions on calibers.

I wouldn't want to use a 6mm out to 300 yards for deer size game. You can get some heavy bullets but it just wouldn't have enough punch for my use. Would probably be OK for Antelope as they are not hard to put down. Wind drift would be an issue though.

A 7x30 Waters would get you out to 200 maybe even to 250.

You might want to consider moving up to an Encore. Then you will have a lot more choices in calibers that can reach to 300.

Many thing for hunlee to think about.Not in hurry rite now to buy but wanting a longe ranger by spring
thankyou
hunlee

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.