Met a Medal of Honor recipient

snox801

So I have to brag a bit. I donate a firearm every year to help raise money for a Purple Heart hunt. Every year they do five guys. This year I went up to help out and meet these fine men. When we were talking a young man who was wounded was tell a story about how to an older man. When the story got done he shook his hand and said thanks. In his hand was a coin with his name and Medal of Honor details. The young man had a crazy look on his face was priceless. He looked up and said "you have a Medal of Honor?" The older man said yes. Then all of a sudden all these Purple Heart heros stated thanking him something I've never saw. So after looking him up what an accomplishment. So of course I got a picture with him and he eventually gave me a coin. What an Honor
Gary Littrel is a true American hero.

Dang. I lived in Green River for 6 years and was just there the end of last month. Sure wish I would've read this post before I went. I would have looked him up!
Yes I feel very honored to meet him. I have a picture and the coin he gave me on my fireplace. I'm gonna visit him this winter when in Florida. Great person in general.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.