Mesa Altitude for Tikka

morgaj1

I received an Altitude stock from Mesa for my Tikka T3x, with the factory 300WM stainless barrel. I mounted it and the stock contacts the barrel. I love the stock, but it is frustrating that I waited months for it and will likely have to send it back. If it was fiberglass, I would sand it. But, as I understand it, carbon fiber needs to be sealed after sanding. Anybody else have this problem? I will contact Mesa tomorrow and see how they want to handle it.

If it were mine....I would take 2 stocks to the range.shoot them both.find out if barrel touch is harming accuracy....many stocks are made to support barrel and actually do enhance accuracy....

I have 3 tikkas in these stocks, all larger contours, but none have had that issue. The guys at Mesa do excellent work and will make it right I'm certain.

After contacting Mesa, they sent me a prepaid shipping label for them to recut the barrel channel. Took about 10 days and it is now perfect. All in all, happy now.
I live 100 miles from them and put a t3 in the same stock no problem at all. Did you go to Mesa direct or through Redhawk? Glad they made it right. I've done quite a little business with Redhawk. Great people

I live 100 miles from them and put a t3 in the same stock no problem at all. Did you go to Mesa direct or through Redhawk? Glad they made it right. I've done quite a little business with Redhawk. Great people
I ordered directly from Mesa. I have ordered parts and optics from Redhawk though and had good experiences.

Glad to find this older post and happy hear MESA has good customer service. My factory and aftermarket bottom metals don't fit well. The inlet seems to be off and action screws aren't long enough to engage more than a thread or two. Do you guys find your bottom metal sits proud or is it flush with the stock?

Good to know. They're going to take the stock back and look it over/ make adjustments as needed. Was really hoping to shoot with it this weekend too.

I was looking at the mesa for my first build using a tikka action I had. Im a little hesitant to order such a hugh end stock and not have the bottom metal and action fit prefectly. Did they fix the bottom metal issue? Good customer service?

I was looking at the mesa for my first build using a tikka action I had. Im a little hesitant to order such a hugh end stock and not have the bottom metal and action fit prefectly. Did they fix the bottom metal issue? Good customer service?
They took care of the issue and shipped it back to me quickly. Good customer service.

Recent Posts