Mesa Altitude for Tikka

morgaj1

LRH Team Member
I received an Altitude stock from Mesa for my Tikka T3x, with the factory 300WM stainless barrel. I mounted it and the stock contacts the barrel. I love the stock, but it is frustrating that I waited months for it and will likely have to send it back. If it was fiberglass, I would sand it. But, as I understand it, carbon fiber needs to be sealed after sanding. Anybody else have this problem? I will contact Mesa tomorrow and see how they want to handle it.

BillLarson

LRH Team Member
If it were mine....I would take 2 stocks to the range.shoot them both.find out if barrel touch is harming accuracy....many stocks are made to support barrel and actually do enhance accuracy....

highdrum

I have 3 tikkas in these stocks, all larger contours, but none have had that issue. The guys at Mesa do excellent work and will make it right I'm certain.

morgaj1

LRH Team Member
After contacting Mesa, they sent me a prepaid shipping label for them to recut the barrel channel. Took about 10 days and it is now perfect. All in all, happy now.

Jim’s Hunt

After contacting Mesa, they sent me a prepaid shipping label for them to recut the barrel channel. Took about 10 days and it is now perfect. All in all, happy now.
I live 100 miles from them and put a t3 in the same stock no problem at all. Did you go to Mesa direct or through Redhawk? Glad they made it right. I’ve done quite a little business with Redhawk. Great people

morgaj1

LRH Team Member
I live 100 miles from them and put a t3 in the same stock no problem at all. Did you go to Mesa direct or through Redhawk? Glad they made it right. I’ve done quite a little business with Redhawk. Great people
I ordered directly from Mesa. I have ordered parts and optics from Redhawk though and had good experiences.