Mesa Altitude composite stock

I'm looking to see if there is anyone in SW WA that may have a Mesa Altitude that I could see first hand. I'm super torn as to either go with the Mesa or the AG Visigoth.
I'm at the point with my build that I need to pull the trigger on a stock and need to do so asap.

I'm looking to see if there is anyone in SW WA that may have a Mesa Altitude that I could see first hand. I'm super torn as to either go with the Mesa or the AG Visigoth.
I'm at the point with my build that I need to pull the trigger on a stock and need to do so asap.
I'd you make it to the east side you're more than welcome to sit behind and run mine. I'm looking to go manners eh1 or ag. I like the Mesa but don't love it.

I had one but the drop at the top of the pad really caused muzzle rise to increase on my 300 RUM. It worked fine on my 30-06 though. I have big hands and I thought the grip was big. I really liked the forearm though. The bottom was nicely contoured where I held it just ahead of the front action screw when hand carrying it. I sold it because I had other plans for the 30-06.
I experienced the same issue with the Mesa & muzzle rise upon recoil due to the stock geometry.
Swapped to the AG Alpine Hunter & have not had that problem. The Alpine recoils rearward without
Pivot / muzzle rise. Current build is gonna be with
the Alpine. I would like to try a couple others too.

I have one on my do it all 280AI. I like it. Killed my farthest elk ever with it last year. I'm not sure that it causes any more rise than would be caused by anything that lightweight but I do need to manage it if I am shooting it unsupressed, which I was last year because I was trying to cut down on pack weight. It's a good value and I really like how compact it is without giving up much.

I experienced the same issue with the Mesa & muzzle rise upon recoil due to the stock geometry.
Swapped to the AG Alpine Hunter & have not had that problem. The Alpine recoils rearward without
Pivot / muzzle rise. Current build is gonna be with
the Alpine. I would like to try a couple others too.
What caliber where you running your Mesa on? Also, did you have a muzzle brake as well or not?

What caliber where you running your Mesa on? Also, did you have a muzzle brake as well or not?
I had the same experience on two different rifles.
Most recently on a 6.5 max 20" bbl, light suppressor. It was very subtle, but more apparent
Depending on shooting position.
On the 6.5, immediately after swapping stocks I
Could tell the difference same rifle, just stock swap. Noticeably different recoil impulse & actually
Shot tighter groups after the swap.
YMMV.

I have done many rifles for customers with Mesa stock I like there inlet seems to be very straight better than some other quality stocks that I have used the only complaint I have is on one of them I had some of the color come off when I had taped on it to paint the barrel channel where I had to open up a little to accommodate the barrel I was using it wasn't very sticky tape either but now I know so I just be more careful
most everyone that I let feel it liked the feel