Mesa 700 Altitude Stock

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
blackaj are the stocks shaped like the Mesa? Wildcat only makes the one stock last time I checked for a Tikka and it's more like the factory.

I don't think I would swap from an EH1 to the Mesa unless you like it for the ergonomics. 2oz difference isn't much.

You need to remember that if you're rifle shoots good in old stock and you go lite weight it will more times than not shoot worse unless you have it bedded correctly and then it will probably end up weighing more than the original stock chasing oz is stupid unless you just want something new and cool good luck if it is lighter the recoil will increase and your accuracy will be effected

I've got two Mesa stocks for SA. One came in at 23 ounces before bedding and the other was 24 ounces. The 23 ounce stock after removing the recoil pad that came on it and installing a Hastings ultra light finished at 21.5 ounces after bedding. The stocks are great to shoot. Feel about like a Mcmillan Gamescout but recoil 10x better. There is no jump to the stocks, they recoil straight back. Pictured is what my sheep rifle weighs with Mesa stock, weighs the same as it did with a McMillan Hunters edge but now sports a stock with way better ergonomics.

Attachments

• AE28B937-4541-43DF-A765-54652E93FAEA.jpeg
    AE28B937-4541-43DF-A765-54652E93FAEA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 670
  • 8C1EB02D-92E8-40B8-8C2F-4ED168716425.jpeg
    8C1EB02D-92E8-40B8-8C2F-4ED168716425.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 613
  • 2429C7CD-1853-4FAD-9C69-4ABF1AD16DEF.jpeg
    2429C7CD-1853-4FAD-9C69-4ABF1AD16DEF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 642
I have an MPI on my tikka that weighs around 18oz finished.
It's a great stock, I also have a wildcat that came in around 22.
my mpi lightweight mountain stock with magnum cross bolts fully bedded with studs and pad weighs 21.5 oz, they also make an ultra light that is even lighter if you are looking for lightweight-- they have several designs but they weigh slightly different depending on which one you choose

blackaj are the stocks shaped like the Mesa? Wildcat only makes the one stock last time I checked for a Tikka and it's more like the factory.

I don't think I would swap from an EH1 to the Mesa unless you like it for the ergonomics. 2oz difference isn't much.

Yeah the lightweight wildcat is pretty much just like the factory stock, but it's much much better and super stiff, definitely a good option for a light weight hunter.
I think they offer a few more models that are geared towards prone shooting but they weigh closer to what the Altitude weighs.
I'd probably stay with the Altitude at that point/

The Altitude stocks sound pretty nice from everyone's reviews, I may check them out in the future but I'll keep rocking the EH1 it shoots real nice prone!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.