• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Merry xmas

Merry Christmas to all!!

From what I have seen here in America people who chose not to believe in Christ but want to have Christmas with Santa clause, elves, and all the gifts chose the xmas way because they feel it is removing Christ from Christmas. I wonder how they would feel if they new X was Greek for Christ and that much of the Bible was originally written in Greek.

And once again Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL !!!!

Don't know why folks "x" out Christ, but Merry Christmas to you and yours!

X is a Greek form of Christ. So Xmas = Christmas. Still, it is ambiguous to many tho most everyone gets the basic meaning, due to its common useage.

Hope you had a great Xmas/Christmas and that we all have a wonderful New Year/Decade. HNY!

I used to think it was a secularism, but "chi" is Greek, and the letter representation in our alphabet is "X".

Merry Christmas!

Back to the opening.
The X is the Greek letter that begins the title Christ. This may be missed in English. And what was the Christ/Messiah doing one fine winter in Jerusalem? He was celebrating Hanukka, the feast of re-dedicating the Temple. John 10.22.

It's actually a proper shortcut
The letter X in Greek is called Chi, which the church used years ago to denote the word Christ. So, that's the origin of the word Xmas.

Recent Posts