• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Merry xmas

The x was used as representing Christ. It was a short cut. But I would not do that, because that shortcut is no longer understood.

Merry Christmas to all. Thank you for all the wisdom given here throughout the year. This is my most anticipated email of everyday. I pray everyone has a joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Since you asked: When you use the term "Xmas" you ARE saying Christmas. As my father explained it to me years ago. In the Greek alphabet, the letter "X" is pronounced "Christos" meaning Christ. So over the years, to shorten the written greeting, people simply wrote Xmas for Christmas which when you say it out loud, is the same thing. So, in keeping with history - Merry Xmas to all!

The Greek letters Chi X and Rho P
used together X have always been used as a representative of Christ. Here is one with the alpha and omega as well
upload_2019-12-26_9-33-32.png

Started not to even look at this thread because of the X. But it's great to see others standing up for Christ in Christmas which is who it's all about. Merry Christmas to all.

The word Christmas comes from the combination of the words 'Christ' and 'mass. ' But where did the X in Xmas come from, and what does it mean? In the Greek alphabet, X is the symbol for the letter 'chi. ' Chi (or X) is the first letter in the Greek word for Christ.

Don't know why folks "x" out Christ, but Merry Christmas to you and yours!
no one knows why or who we have this holiday.
Here we still use the old pagan name yule for this season. Whatever people believe or don't like myself I want to wish everyone happy holidays and celebrate that we spend precious time with our loved ones.