meplat?

diderr

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Does anyone uniform their meplat on their bullets? I found This article, and studied on it a little but. [/FONT][/FONT]Review of Montour Meplat Trimmer I modified the perfect size drill bit to fit my RCBS case trimmer, and it works perfectly. I will try it at the range and update this forum on how my 100 yard accuracy improves.

Last edited:
I tried it on my 308 with 175gr SMK's , they did drop some BC but its supposed to make the BC more even among the bullets hence making them follow the same path = tighter groups. At 600yds I coulden't tell that they grouped any better only a few inches lower.

If you were going to get into the 1000yd BR game and you were sorting your bullets by ogive length and weight then I'd probably do it , but out of a hunting gun I highly doubt that their is any real world bennifit

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.