Meopta

txdog

What do you guys think about Meopta scopes? I was looking for a scope with a range finder, looked at a Horus to busy for me. What would you guys get?

I have an Artemis 2000 in 7 x 50 which isn't exactly a long range scope . Optics seem comparable with a Leupold VX 111 to me . Adjustments are accurate and hold zero . Eye relief is too short for a hard kicker . Excellent value for money and consequently have become quite popular here in the relatively short time since first released .

eddie g

I live in meopta land (CZ). Well made hunting optics, very well priced for the quality. Lacking in tactical type scopes (there is a ZD military line that goes up to 3-12x56)or the normal Tactical 4-14.5(16)x44 - non lit . Unsure on reticle options. I can have a look at one in a shop and ask about the reticle if you like.

As to what I would get well, living in CZ land I have German S&B PMII`s because they are better, they are also a lot more cash. Depends on what feature, magnification you want / need and how much cash you are willing to spend. That said getting a scope with reliable and repeatable adjustments is more than half the battle and more important than "go faster" features and it need not cost the earth.

Hope it helps a bit,

David.

David

Are all optics in the czech rep. cheap? I know most things over there are much cheaper then here in The Netherlands, cause i've been there. Are the Leopold or Nikon scopes also cheaper then lets say in germany, cause thats about the same as here in The Netherlands? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

David,
Meopta have always struck me as a cheap and cheerful version of S&B; very good for the money.
Ever had hands-on with the ZD line? I would imagine they'd be pretty good...no pics of the ZDs on their website.

Hauptman1,

Optics, especially from US are not that cheap. 22% tax does not help. I looked at a Meopta Artemis 3000 4-16x44 today. 2 focal plain reticle, mil-diamonds instead of dots - price was 16290 Czech Crowns (cca. 388 GBP). Another problem here with things like scopes is lack of market competition. On the other hand beer is good and cheap (15p a litre - for the good stuff).

Brown Dog.

I have only used a 10x50 ZD Meopta on a .50 cal Falcon (also Czech). Reticle was chevron, elevation turret was BDC. Solid and basic would be a fair description with good optics - the ARD did not help though. No parallax adj. I did not shoot it past 1km but seemed a lot more elevation left - I did not look on the BDC what was max I was more concerned about where my head was avoiding scope eye. Anyway they seem strong enough to live on 50 bmg`s.

David.

http://www.meopta.cz/index.php?id=18&lang=en# English site may be down or very slow.

ZD is the military range.
Assuming you mean pa adjustable ie to rangefind there will be better options for the money. Site down but think its the variable up to 16mag, hardly any use what so ever for accurate ranging.
However i am a real lover of Meopta stuff they go in Series numbers over here 2000, 2100, 3000 & 3100.
3000 series half the price of equivalent Kahles, similar build and only edge to edge yellow tinging in sun were the only discernable difference. The only scopes i would not have in the line are the 3-9 and 4-16.

Clarity even on the 2000 series is far better than a Leupy Vari x 3 and VX3 equivalent.

Depends upon what range you want to estimate and how accurate ignoring the human factor, the more mag usually the easier to rangefind and the higher the cost. What price range? and max mag useable?

Jonny,

No. I meant parallax adjustment - as a feature it does not have (to dial out parallax - not to rangefind). No reason why the scope would have parallax adjustment really - less to break without it, 10x is marginal magnification to need it and its on a long range set up, parallax is not as noticable at long range.

The scope can rangefind with chevron reticle but simrad works better.

David.

On the other hand beer is good and cheap (15p a litre - for the good stuff).

This i knew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thx anyway, guess i'll have to import from the U.S.

I know this post is old but i am new and i was looking at the zd line of scope. are they for sale to the public and how much are they for the 10x50 or 3-12x50? thanks for any help

Maybe DS can help here, there seems to be models missing from the Meopta site that are current models. Also the names are different.
Apart from the ret are these the same scope?
http://www.meopta.cz/index.php?id=136&lang=en
http://www.meopta.cz/index.php?id=153&lang=en

Uk has 2000 and 3000 which are not illuminated, the 2100 and 3100 Series are.
The above linked scopes are superb mechanically and optically, why pay more. Cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Meopta make the glass for other respected expensive German scopes!

sw hunter,

If I were you I would try to email Meopta USA and Meopta.CZ. Not sure which one will be cheaper for you to buy from.

If you know which model(s) you are interested in then I am also happy to ask about availablity and price for you .....I hope to be shooting with someone from Meopta CZ next weekend.

David

In addition to the Meopta 7 x 50 I own I have recently bought a Meostar R1 3 - 10 x 50 . It's their top of the line hunting scope and is very impressive .Also available in 4 - 16 x 44 with a mil dot reticle .

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.