Meopta Scopes

bluefish

Does anyonw have any hands on experrience with this scope manufacturer? A friend recently bought or traded for a 300 Wrby magnum and wants to move the 3-10 X 50 R1 that is on the rifle since he is a diehard Leupold man.

I have not found much pro or con so far on the web. They (Meopta) does apparently have a lifetime warrenty. The scope seems very crisp in casual viewing.

Any help appreciated

I viewed thru one and found it to be crisp and sharp. The owner really praised its qualities. If this friend wants to trade even I have a 4 -14 x 40 Leupold that I have on my rifle for a couple years. It has never failed me. PM me if interested.

IMHO this is the best glass you will find under $1,000. I have owned two in the past (3-10X50 and a 4-16X44) and they are extremely clear and work great in low light. The draw back is the eye relief of only 3" thats fine for many calibers, but not enough for most magnums. You will love the clarity and they are light years ahead of Leupold for clarity.

I've never said anything mainly because I felt a little sorry for the guy but....

I wrote Meopta an email and asked a question. A few day's later I recieved an email from someone in New York with an answer to my question. Unfortunately for this person he sent me his answer on a fowarded response from someone in Europe that basically said, "Here is another redneck American with a stupid question, will you please resond." (It's been a while since so that's not an exact quote but close) After several emails back and forth to this person with me demanding an apology from Corporate and his pleading to keep it quiet for fear of losing his job, I let it go.

That being said, if I ran into an extremely good deal on a used one I would take it but I'm not going to give Meopta any of my money.

Crane -- interesting story. In cases like this I always wonder if it is a reflection of shoddy corporate culture or just one bad apple in a generally good company.

I'm sure Meopta has no problem in taking those American greenbacks from the stupid American rednecks. IMHO a comment like that should earn you a trip to the unemployment line.

I'm sure I've still got the emails. I know exactly who the Czech is I sent the original email to and he is pretty high up the chain. I explained to the rep in New York that their paltry share of the U.S. market would dry up in a matter of hours if the email were posted on several prominent message boards. I WAS ****ED! The guy swore it was never meant to get out and if it did it would mean his job. He apologized profusely on behalf of Meopta U.S.A.

To answer your question, I think it is the Czech "corporate culture" as you put it. Notice I said "another American redneck" and not "an American redneck."

Up until now I've kept it to myself, but since you asked about Meopta.....

You have some leverage to get a new scope as a demo!

I have a pair of the Meopta 10x50 binos and they are bright! My side by side comparison to the Swaro SLC 10x50 revealed to my eyes that the Meopta was sharper and several hundred dollars less.
FWIW, Meopta also make the Cabelas Euro binos but with a lower grade of glass.

JD338

I'm sure I've still got the emails. I know exactly who the Czech is I sent the original email to and he is pretty high up the chain. I explained to the rep in New York that their paltry share of the U.S. market would dry up in a matter of hours if the email were posted on several prominent message boards. I WAS ****ED! The guy swore it was never meant to get out and if it did it would mean his job. He apologized profusely on behalf of Meopta U.S.A.

To answer your question, I think it is the Czech "corporate culture" as you put it. Notice I said "another American redneck" and not "an American redneck."

Up until now I've kept it to myself, but since you asked about Meopta.....

I have seen all of their scopes dissapearing from Cabelas and Bass Pro's web sites the last few months. Maybe that is why, I had never dealt with them on any issues but it would be interesting to find out from others that had.

Thanks for the info on Meopta, won`t ever get any of my money.

I would have plastered that email on every forum i could find. But then again i`m just "another american redneck"

I really wanted to, but the way this guy was carrying on about being fired I just let it go. You would've thought he would have offered some sort of product for testing....

I've just been waiting for someone to ask about Meopta so I could share my experience. I bet this guy was at the SHOT show if he is still employed.

Hey guys what do we care about what some Czech thinks ? Maybe he was having a bad hair day ? Or a family member was dieing in a 3rd world hospital . If I had a black strip painted on me for every slip of my tongue I'd look like a Zebra. Compared to his country on all its historic national trauma that he no doubt experiences and witnessed from existing behind the now dead "Iron Curtain" we have lived in privilege. I think were being to "Thin Skinned" People come and go and that Czech is entitled to his opinions.

Hey guys what do we care about what some Czech thinks ? Maybe he was having a bad hair day ? Or a family member was dieing in a 3rd world hospital . If I had a black strip painted on me for every slip of my tongue I'd look like a Zebra. Compared to his country on all its historic national trauma that he no doubt experiences and witnessed from existing behind the now dead "Iron Curtain" we have lived in privilege. I think were being to "Thin Skinned" People come and go and that Czech is entitled to his opinions.

That he is...
And as a consumer, we are entitled to buy whichever product we wish!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.