Meopta Optika6 Availability???

nksmfamjp

So, when does the next boat arrive? These things are becoming rare as hen's teeth!

i have the 3-18 ffp mrad on backorder. I'm on 3-4 months now.

Anybody know when the boat is coming? Or are these a one and done?

Just sent my 4.5-27 back and got a full refund. Scope wasn't even close to tracking properly. Got it on paper dialed up 3 MOA then hit way in front of the target. Dialed up another 15 MOA and got about the right elevation but then it was 4 MOA to the right. I liked the features and price point of the scope but it's got to track properly. Also the Center aiming dot is WAY to big.

Sorry to hear you had an issue with your scope. Truly the first problem I have heard with this optic. I have 3 different Optika6 scopes and have used them at shooting events and my personal use over this past year with zero issues. The 4.5-27x50 seems to be a favorite since it uses 30mm rings and not the 34 needed for the 5-30x56. A shame they are arriving so slowly with so many folks who want them.

Optika6

The one I've used had a capped turret but tracked perfectly up to about 17.5moa.

My only gripe with them was the huge amount of knurl on the mag adjustment and that the sfp reticle was subtensioned at 6x. Wished it was at 12x or even 15x. Mine was the 3-18 model.

The one I've used had a capped turret but tracked perfectly up to about 17.5moa.

My only gripe with them was the huge amount of knurl on the mag adjustment and that the sfp reticle was subtensioned at 6x. Wished it was at 12x or even 15x. Mine was the 3-18 model.
If it's subtended at 6x, just divide the values by 2 to get the subtensions at 12x and divide by 3 for 18x

I'm curious to see what the problem was with my scope. The dealer where I bought it was a pleasure to deal with. He said Meopta also was anxious to figure out the problem. They really do need to make the Center aiming dot a lot smaller like the Leupold TMOA.

If it's subtended at 6x, just divide the values by 2 to get the subtensions at 12x and divide by 3 for 18x

You are correct. That gives you a very precise aiming reticle but cuts the max distance down.

The rifle I have it on is a 7RM and at 18x here on the east coast you can only get to about 400 max on the tree. The compromise I made was to zero at 225 and work the math out for 15x. That got me to about 575 I think.

The reticle subtensions were pretty standard, I just didn't like that it was at 6x. I just think for the market that those "bdc reticle" are intended meopta could configure it a little better and sell more of these scopes. Because other than that and the power adjustment it's a absolute home run.

You are correct. That gives you a very precise aiming reticle but cuts the max distance down.

The rifle I have it on is a 7RM and at 18x here on the east coast you can only get to about 400 max on the tree. The compromise I made was to zero at 225 and work the math out for 15x. That got me to about 575 I think.

The reticle subtensions were pretty standard, I just didn't like that it was at 6x. I just think for the market that those "bdc reticle" are intended meopta could configure it a little better and sell more of these scopes. Because other than that and the power adjustment it's a absolute home run.
Oh, I follow now. Didn't catch that it was a BDC reticle

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.