Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 SFP vs vx3 I 4.5x14x50mm

parkj5

Looking for some comparisons to these two scopes. Trying to decide between the Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 SFP vs vx3 I 4.5x14x50mm 30.. Both with duplex retical covered turrets.

Tagging in. Looking for a scope to put on my 25-284. Interested in the Optica6.

I looked thru an Optica6 and was very impressed with the glass, way better than anything at that price point for sure. I would have bought it but for the clunky BDC type reticle. If I find a thinner, non BDC reticle I will get one in the 3-18x

Meopta, no contest. Check out the dichro reticle, pretty close to a duplex. Only down side is weight at close to 2lb

I just bought the Meopta Optica6 4.5-27-50. The glass is very clear the clicks are audible. I needed a scope for my Christensen Ridgeline 280 Ackley. The glass is better than my old Leupold VXiii 4.5-14x40 mm 30mm tube with side parallax. The Meopta scope is a lead weight. Light weight hunting rifle and a brick of a scope, not a good lightweight scope. The scope weight is 2 pounds. The rifle weighs 9.8 pounds with Hawkins one piece rings base. Camera land, Amazon, and EuroOptic all have great prices.
Good luck
Jason

Optika6 is probably the best glass at that price point currently on the market when you're talking new optics.

Agree that if weight is not a consideration, the Optika6 is a great option.

The advertised weight is 30oz vs. the VX3i is 14.7oz ... that extra pound was a deal breaker for me.

The 4-20x50 Optika5 is advertised to be 23.3oz. I've been wondering how the glass compares between the O-6 and O-5 myself.

Weight in an optic comes in 2 different ways....good glass and doodads. A fair amount of the Optika6's weight is in glass, I believe...

you can make a light weight scope with light weight glass and it still be good --that is unless you feel march scopes dont have good glass
March and Leupold are certainly interesting outliers in the riflescope weight race. Would love to know why...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.