• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Meopta Optika 6, 3-18x50, MRAD-1

I have two of these scopes and my cousin has one, exact same model. They punch well above their price point. I was shooting one today. We have tested the tracking on all three and it's spot on. I'll attach a pic of a rifle I was shooting earlier today with one attached. Group is 10 shots at 103 yards, 6BR. IMO they are one of the best values going.

Attachments

• C703D4FA-82B8-4633-9D3D-717029E3452D.jpeg
    C703D4FA-82B8-4633-9D3D-717029E3452D.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 6E8D16A3-5692-4F7F-ABBB-A8481AC4F7FC.jpeg
    6E8D16A3-5692-4F7F-ABBB-A8481AC4F7FC.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 25
  • 4507CA3A-09AC-4B84-BCBB-9F23B205D5A3.jpeg
    4507CA3A-09AC-4B84-BCBB-9F23B205D5A3.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 26
I've been reading the post and viewing several u tube videos. Feel kinda like a Meopta fan now! Thinking the reticle might just be the ticket for me
BTW, beautiful buck on your site here. Where'd you harvest that one?
I'll jump in and let u know that I'm about as discriminating as a person can be when it comes to optics. I do an awful lot of research on the design and manufacturing process as well as a scope's optical performance. Meopta may not be as much of a household name as some others, but within the industry they are extremely well known and highly respected. They are an old company out of the Czech Republic and truly do things with an old school mentality.
The European companies still set out to produce an optic with certain features and performance metrics being the goal. Once they've satisfied those benchmarks, the product costs what it costs. On the other hand, the trend with the Pacific Rim companies is to produce a product with a certain price point and target market as the finish line.
Ive never owned an Optika, but have had several other Meopta models over the years and you'll be hard pressed to find anything in the same price range that is as well made and manufactured under the tightest tolerances and quality standards.
As far as optically, it seems like everyone's eyes are different and therefore preferences will vary. But the process of designing and building an optic is more black and white. And thats where you can make an educated choice.
Good luck

Thanks for the input gents… I do a lot of trading around because I like to try new things. If this has more mag I'd probably keep, as optically I don't think you can beat it until you spend over $1200. Meopta has always been underrated as their Binos are really good as well but hardly ever mentioned.

I had a Burris xtr ii and a Bushnell DMR II and this is right up there with both, and optically probably clearer than both at top end magnification. If I wasn't set on a Mark 5, I would just be getting a higher magnification version of the meopta.

I wish I had the cash. I just bought a Meopta R2. Amazing glass and light gathering ability. Two months ago I had never heard of them. Now I own one.
I will blame Bullmark for part of that. LOL
I would Love to compare the "cheap optika" to their top end as well as some other "top end scopes".
Lately I have ended up with a lot of Czech stuff. Two CZ hornets for my boys. Almost 1/4 MOA guns at 200. JSB pellets world renowned. My 9 yr old put 8
Pellets in a 2"x 1.25" group at 100!
Now I have a Meopta. They seem to have old school work ethic. People
Working not machines.

YouTube for Meopta. They do lots of Glass. High tech facilities!!! Making top end stuff since 1933.

I'll jump in and let u know that I'm about as discriminating as a person can be when it comes to optics. I do an awful lot of research on the design and manufacturing process as well as a scope's optical performance. Meopta may not be as much of a household name as some others, but within the industry they are extremely well known and highly respected. They are an old company out of the Czech Republic and truly do things with an old school mentality.
The European companies still set out to produce an optic with certain features and performance metrics being the goal. Once they've satisfied those benchmarks, the product costs what it costs. On the other hand, the trend with the Pacific Rim companies is to produce a product with a certain price point and target market as the finish line.
Ive never owned an Optika, but have had several other Meopta models over the years and you'll be hard pressed to find anything in the same price range that is as well made and manufactured under the tightest tolerances and quality standards.
As far as optically, it seems like everyone's eyes are different and therefore preferences will vary. But the process of designing and building an optic is more black and white. And thats where you can make an educated choice.
Good luck
Interesting comments. Thanks for your input.

Interesting comments. Thanks for your input.
I know this is not a fair comparison, comparing an R2 meostar to a VX5 Leupold and then using that to compare those results to an Optika6.
Just last week I took my Meopta to my BIL house to compare it to his VX5. It was about dusk and it did get dark as we chatted. I had no clue if the Meopta would hold up. I was hoping it would. I bought Soley for clarity and light transmission. I have glaucoma and eyes ain't what they used to be.
Anyway I was so glad to hear my BIL and his SIL exclaim "holy crap" that thing is clear and bright. So unbiased VX5 owners shocked at how awesome my glass was.
Why I wish I could just buy this scope in this thread to see. Many have said it is a $1200 - $1400 scope glass wise.

FFP - Meopta optika 6 3-18x50, with MRAD-1 reticle. Glass in great condition. Body has a couple marks, see attached. May be slight ring marks from current but haven't unmounted yet. Scope has tracked perfectly.

will come in original box.

$620 shipped
I forgot to ask. This is a 30 MM diameter tube isn't it?

I have two of these scopes and my cousin has one, exact same model. They punch well above their price point. I was shooting one today. We have tested the tracking on all three and it's spot on. I'll attach a pic of a rifle I was shooting earlier today with one attached. Group is 10 shots at 103 yards, 6BR. IMO they are one of the best values going.
Where are the other 8 holes at?
LOL

Yes they are 30 mm tube. (Just looked it up on Meopta sports optics.com)
FFP - Meopta optika 6 3-18x50, with MRAD-1 reticle. Glass in great condition. Body has a couple marks, see attached. May be slight ring marks from current but haven't unmounted yet. Scope has tracked perfectly.

will come in original box.

$620 shipped
I'm definitely interested in your Meopta. Guess you figured that out already. I talked with a guy at OpticPlanet today and discussed the MRAD-1 reticle. He said it wouldn't be his first choice for a hunting rifle, but that it was doable. His 1st choice was the plex, I think.
I had hoped to get a response or two on my Vortex Diamondback that I have listed here. That hasn't happened yet. Nada.
Are you negotiable on your price? I'd really like to help you pay off the credit card and get the Leupold. I'd also like the upgrade to a Meopta!! Being retired and on a fixed income, well, I'm sure you understand.
Can I pm you tomorrow to discuss further?
I'm pretty sure I can adapt to the MRAD-1 reticle if given the opportunity!
Thank you much for sharing your knowledge and experience on these things optical.

Doug, i can do $600 shipped lowest i can do right now. That is the standing offer i gave to a member on another forum as well.