Meopta Meostar R2 2.5-15 tracking?

Caulder

I've got an opportunity to pick up a meopta R2 2.5-15 for cheap from a buddy. I'm a glass snob and tend to gravitate toward european optics, but I kind of skipped over Meoptas and for a long time I only ran Leicas and a TT. Now, I'm curious to see how this "best bang for your buck" european meopta scope actually holds up, but I don't want to buy it if the R2 has tracking issues because I'm a big dialer.

So, can any of you meopta/R2 owners tell me about your experience with the scope's tracking? Accurate tracking, return to zero, and holding zero are my big concerns.

Thanks in advance

You do a fine job of polishing your own apple. Being a glass "snob", I thought you were about to give us all kinds of information.
You say you are a "big dialer" Well heck, I have to ask, how big of a dialer are you? Are you over 300 and over 6-0 feet tall.
Last guy who told me he was a snob of anything, he said was a coffee snob. I said, no kidding. Here I thought he was going to tell me how he mixes his coffee beans just right and grinds them just so. No, he proceeded to tell me what his favorite coffee drink was at Starbucks!
I ripped up laughing, he wanted to know what was so funny. I told him, I didn't think you would understand.
Never know what we may learn on these darn computers.

You do a fine job of polishing your own apple. Being a glass "snob", I thought you were about to give us all kinds of information.
You say you are a "big dialer" Well heck, I have to ask, how big of a dialer are you? Are you over 300 and over 6-0 feet tall.
Last guy who told me he was a snob of anything, he said was a coffee snob. I said, no kidding. Here I thought he was going to tell me how he mixes his coffee beans just right and grinds them just so. No, he proceeded to tell me what his favorite coffee drink was at Starbucks!
I ripped up laughing, he wanted to know what was so funny. I told him, I didn't think you would understand.
Never know what we may learn on these darn computers.
Starts off pretty unfunny so I won't slog through the rest

Bump. Anyone?
I ended up getting the scope and have liked it quite a bit. That said, it hasn't seen much abuse or dialing, just some range time, so I can't really offer any insight on that yet.

FWIW, my buddy ran over his (same exact R2 scope) with a gator, messed it up, sent it to Meopta, and then they sent him a new replacement literally within the week. That's pretty unbeatable customer service in my mind.

Thanks for the feedback!!

I'm still in waiting mode for a Meopta Optika5 3-15 with the Z-Plus reticle.
Dealer got one in the other month, but was the regular Z Plex reticle.

Supposed to come in this month.