Meopta binoculars?

MagnumManiac

Hi all,
Have a Meopta scope, find it is good glass for the money, looking at upgrading my binos. Currently have the Leupold Mojave model, which are getting worn out and a little hard to focus.
Had a look at these Meopta binos, they look ok to me, although a bit pricey at over $700AUD.
What say you, go ahead and buy them or keep looking?
They are at the upper end of my budget.

Cheers.

2 answers to your question:

1. I tried the Meopro HD's and really liked the glass. However, the focus was really fast and I didn't like it compared to my other binoculars.
2. I had a pair of Leupold Mojave's that started fogging up. I sent them back to Leupold and they replaced them with BX-4 Pro Guide HD's at no charge. The BX-4's are superior to the Mojaves and I really like them. I would suggest sending your Mojave's back to Leupold.

Hi all,
Have a Meopta scope, find it is good glass for the money, looking at upgrading my binos. Currently have the Leupold Mojave model, which are getting worn out and a little hard to focus.
Had a look at these Meopta binos, they look ok to me, although a bit pricey at over $700AUD.
What say you, go ahead and buy them or keep looking?
They are at the upper end of my budget.

Cheers.
Arguably the finest glass in the world, probably only second to Kahles glass according to my optical engineer son-in-law. He's a smart kid and treats my daughter like he should, so I'll go with it!

I spent a lot of time just outside of the Cabelas store outside of Reno, NV, comparing Meopta HDs against Swarovskis and others. The REALLY helpful guy let me use a tripod, take thousands of $ of binos outside so that I could look at the hills across the draw. I was trying to talk myself out of the Meoptas, but I could not.
I bought the 15 power, which do transmit your heartbeat, but my hunting buddies (even Swaro-guy) all call on me to make a decision on a far off mulie, due to the power.
I later bought the Cabelas spotter, also made by Meopta. (They were best known for making tank sights in Europe).

I tried the 10x42 Meoptas 2 years ago and they were fantastic glass. I just remember that they seemed pretty heavy. I ended up with 8x42 Noctivids (also heavy) but the Meoptas were not far behind the Noctivids glass wise at all. Just my opinion, Noctivids really shine when there is little light, both these binoculars are awesome in normal conditions.

How do the Meostar B1 Plus or MeoStar B1.1 compare to the "big three"? Further, what do I give up if I go with non-HD versions for the larger objectives (i.e. 12x50 HD vs 12x56)? And yes, I wear eyeglasses.

Thanks all.
As I said, they look good to me.
My buddy has Kahles, he swears by them but with my bung eyesight everything in them has fuzzy edges.
Looks like I have found my Chrissy present.
I'll be getting the 56mm objective 12x Meopro.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.