Memorial Day pups

wyowinchester

We finally got a break in the rain. Took my grandson out to shoot. First thing this morning we went up and taught some rock chucks how to fly, 22-250 AI. The boy got a shot at one with the cricket 22lr at about 30yds, maybe next time. I had a good time lifting chicks at 300yds. When the rain came in we went down to the p-dog town and shot for the rest of the day. Finally got the boy on some pups that didn't care if they had bullets flying around them. So at 30yds he thru lead till he hit his first dog. A 5" pup right in the head. He was tickled. I had him stop on that high note.
Great day.

Doggin with the youngsters=It don't get much bettern that!
Pups have been out here for dang near a month........So has the clouds.
This is the first Memorial weekend in many years pups where not on the agenda......Dang rain anyway!!

Dogging with the kids, life doesn't get much better than that. My boy and I were in Wyoming last summer but never found a place to do any shooting.Met up with a buddy in Montana and that ruined me for life....lol. We were in a hurry for most of the trip but would love to take him out again. Any suggestions as far as private or public land would be much appreciated. Also the minute I retire im heading west....lol So kinda looking for a place to hang it up as well. Love varmint hunting but also been a lifelong whitetail hunter as well. One area that stands out in my mind from the trip was Dubois WY. Beautiful area but again wanna be somewhat close to the shooting communities. Way too close to DC and all her politics for me. I love WV and gonna miss it but ready to move on. Any suggestions im all ears. Thanks guys.

Nice, Wyowinchester! Glad the grandson got a kill. He'll remember that day with his grandpa for the rest of his life!

Thanks guys; Just retired so might be more time to play. We'll go this summer.
WV, shooting communities are out west. Watch out for CO. {Lots of Libs making the laws down there.}

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.