Members along the I95 corridor - ??

Varmint Hunter

I have a 4 day hog hunt in S. Carolina planned for next week. I'd be leaving NY on Monday and traveling down I95 nearly the entire way. With the current gas situation in mind does anyone along the way have any ideas and/or suggestions?

I'd hate to cancel my trip but things are looking bleak with gas stations closing up & down the east coast.

Are you gonna be driving a gas or diesel? I would suggest a auxiliary tank if you are taking a pickup...I'm hearing that by weekend it should loosen up here in nc but imo I'm not planning on it changing much so be prepared

I have a 4 day hog hunt in S. Carolina planned for next week. I'd be leaving NY on Monday and traveling down I95 nearly the entire way. With the current gas situation in mind does anyone along the way have any ideas and/or suggestions?

I'd hate to cancel my trip but things are looking bleak with gas stations closing up & down the east coast.
If you are driving a truck make sure that you bring 5 extra 5 gallon gas tanks. You are only going to be driving I guess 700 miles one way. so between what your truck holds and the extra tanks will get you one way. When you are driving and your vehicle is at 1/2 tanks try filling up as soon as you can. then fill up at your hog hunt. You should only need to stop once for the two way trip. Don't cancel. Where are you hunting? I got hogs around me that my neighbor's keep call me to kill. If you want any advice give me a call. I shot hundreds of them 678-427-6168.
Len & Jill

just seen on newsmax pipeline just restarted. how long will it take to get to normal is anyones guess. I would keep an eye on news but still go hunting

Monitor GasBuddy for the cities that you expect to stop for fuel over the next few days. That should give you an idea if it is prudent to travel or not. Just my opinion and hope it works out for you.

Trip is 800mi and I typically have to fill by 300mi in the Toyota Sequoia (gas engine). I planned to stay over night in Fayetteville NC on the way down and would have a fairly short trip the next morning.

Destination is Lodge SC.

Trip is 800mi and I typically have to fill by 300mi in the Toyota Sequoia (gas engine). I planned to stay over night in Fayetteville NC on the way down and would have a fairly short trip the next morning.

Destination is Lodge SC.
I think you will be ok..just got word the pipeline is pumping again n trucks are playing catch up so you might be ok by next week but it might still be worth putting a luggage carrier on the back with some extra gas....I guess my Alaska days of traveling still kicks in...better to have and not need it than to need it n not have ...keep us posted n I'm not real far off the i95 corridor if u need help

Destination is Lodge SC.

um, may i make a eentsy weentsy suggestion?

find a place north or south of Fayetteville. that place is........ well let's just say i think i'd take my chance sleeping in the middle of i95 that staying overnight in Fayetteville.

lived in the area for 3 years while in the military amd avoided Fayetteville at all cost.

oh and don't speed through VA.

take you a few extra cans of gas with you.

gl, post pics.

What part of Ny are you coming from? I grew in the little town of lowville ny
I am a Long Islander, probably the only one here on LRH.

um, may i make a eentsy weentsy suggestion?

find a place north or south of Fayetteville. that place is........ well let's just say i think i'd take my chance sleeping in the middle of i95 that staying overnight in Fayetteville.

lived in the area for 3 years while in the military and avoided Fayetteville at all cost.
What's up with Fayetteville? Crime? I figured that the city would be a good place for lodging and I'd be able to find a decent restaurant.

Like he said, don't speed through VA. I know of a county Cop waiting for you between Petersburg and Emporia and they brag about catching folks from up North. Use WAZE on your phone. At least folks update it to where the Cops are.

Imo i would pick lumberton nc its a lil further south n right along 95 where fville is off of 95 a lil ways for the good eating etc and confusing even to me cause i dont go real often but again thats my opinion

Recent Posts