Members along the I95 corridor - ??

Lumberton appears to be 5X more dangerous than the NC statewide average!

Taken from the web:

[h3][/h3]

MY CHANCES OF BECOMING A VICTIM OF A VIOLENT CRIME

1 IN 56

in Lumberton

1 IN 269

in North Carolina

Looking at the crime statistics anywhere along the way in the Carolinas is discouraging.

I am a Long Islander, probably the only one here on LRH.

What's up with Fayetteville? Crime? I figured that the city would be a good place for lodging and I'd be able to find a decent restaurant.

crime, mostly. it's a military town and it has all the goods and bads that come along with such. point being there is a good and higher chance to have your car broken in to and stuff stolen in that area that the surrounding area.

if you must stay in that area, look at lillington, and spring lake

crime, mostly. it's a military town and it has all the goods and bads that come along with such. point being there is a good and higher chance to have your car broken in to and stuff stolen in that area that the surrounding area.

if you must stay in that area, look at lillington, and spring lake
Thanks for all the info. Our truck would be loaded with "goods" overnight so avoiding a midnight break-in is a rather important consideration. It looks like the communities with the lowest crime rates are well off the I95 corridor. I'll check Lillington. Thanks

Thanks for all the info. Our truck would be loaded with "goods" overnight so avoiding a midnight break-in is a rather important consideration. It looks like the communities with the lowest crime rates are well off the I95 corridor. I'll check Lillington. Thanks

no problem.

just passing along info to help. i had my car broken in to on multiple occasions while stationed down there. god forbid something like that happens when your loaded up.

now the only good thing i remember about Fayetteville is the airborne museum. if you get a chance check it out.

i read on yahoo yesterday that NC was 2/3 out of gas. the highest of the affected states. they say it's flowing now, but who knows when this will actually end. i suspect people will be panic buying for another week or two. just pack some extra gas and come on down.

i gotta agree with other posts about fayetteville. i go down there for work every few weeks. it's a typical military town in my opinion. i would consider lumberton even worse. i'd look at dunn or smithfield. there will be a decent bbq joint in each town to eat at.

i think i would drive straight through since you're gonna be loaded up. leave at midnight or early AM and go the whole way. stop for gas when/where you can and bring an extra 10-20 gallons for just in case.

it shouldnt be too hot around the middle of june. probably in the 80s-90s during the day. july/august are usually the hottest when it's 90-95. the real issue is the humidity. it'll be 90 outside with 90% humidity. you step out of the truck and your glasses immediately fog up.

If I moved my hunt back to the fall; what would be a good month for activity?

This sure isn't easy because I'm trying to coordinate the schedules of 4 guys. We always have a good time even when things are lean. LOL

find a place north or south of Fayetteville. that place is........ well let's just say i think i'd take my chance sleeping in the middle of i95 that staying overnight in Fayetteville.
Agreed! I used to live in Raleigh and had to travel to Fayetteville quite often to see some of my wife's family that used to live there. Fayetteville is a TOILET!

Fayetteville is OUT thanks to the input here. I found a few lazy communities off the beaten trail that can accommodate us. We really don't need all of our gear stolen before we even get there.

I guess we'll be booking a fall trip now. Bummer, because I was looking forward to this trip for awhile. Already dropped $75 on my 10 day license. Go figure.