Member Introduction

SKI00007

Newbie here, name is Robert Ciskowski, I go by "SKI". I used to long distance shoot many years ago, now that all the kids are out oft he house I sold my Browning "A" .338 Rifle, broke open my piggy bank, and saved up all my Fathers Day, Birthday, allowance, and Christmas money and bought a Savage 110 Elite .338 Lapua - 30" barrel. Now I have to save up for the optics and a bunch more stuff. I live in Woodstock Illinois, and hope to join the Gun Club up in Lodi Wisconsin, which has a 1200 yard range.

I am both ex Air Force and Army Special Operations, in my civilian life I was a Conservation Police Officer, Hunter Safety Instructor, blah, blah, and blah. Funny, I do not hunt - just like to plink stuff at a very long distance. I am rusty as heck. If anyone here goes by "SKI" I can go by another name as I have been called and titled a lot of different names. I am interested to hear about Rifle Scopes and Reticles. As that will be my next huge purchase, I am seriously considering the Leupold Mark 8 3.5 - 25 X 56 M5C2 FFP CCH (Not Illuminated). I also want to hear your thoughts on the Barnes Brand .338 Lapua Precision Ammo. Man that was a lot of info.

Thanks in advance.

Newbie here, name is Robert Ciskowski, I go by "SKI". I used to long distance shoot many years ago, now that all the kids are out oft he house I sold my Browning "A" .338 Rifle, broke open my piggy bank, and saved up all my Fathers Day, Birthday, allowance, and Christmas money and bought a Savage 110 Elite .338 Lapua - 30" barrel. Now I have to save up for the optics and a bunch more stuff. I live in Woodstock Illinois, and hope to join the Gun Club up in Lodi Wisconsin, which has a 1200 yard range.

I am both ex Air Force and Army Special Operations, in my civilian life I was a Conservation Police Officer, Hunter Safety Instructor, blah, blah, and blah. Funny, I do not hunt - just like to plink stuff at a very long distance. I am rusty as heck. If anyone here goes by "SKI" I can go by another name as I have been called and titled a lot of different names. I am interested to hear about Rifle Scopes and Reticles. As that will be my next huge purchase, I am seriously considering the Leupold Mark 8 3.5 - 25 X 56 M5C2 FFP CCH (Not Illuminated). I also want to hear your thoughts on the Barnes Brand .338 Lapua Precision Ammo. Man that was a lot of info.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome your in good company here and your experience will be valuable to others.alot of guys on here shooting or building rigs alot like what you are talking about just not me hahaonce again welcome