Meloniting

The new thinking is to lap the throat after chambering, check with a bore scope, and send it in. That is what I'm doing with my next one. Saves a lot of hassle.......rich
This is if you start with a lapped barrel to begin with.....

I've been considering the same thing... that said, one of my smiths (I have two :rolleyes::D) said he wanted me to check the accuracy before doing the treating just to make sure nothing is wrong. Also, I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to run a few pills down the bore to burnish it a little.

I've been considering the same thing... that said, one of my smiths (I have two :rolleyes::D) said he wanted me to check the accuracy before doing the treating just to make sure nothing is wrong. Also, I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to run a few pills down the bore to burnish it a little.

Checking the accuracy is a good point. I guess you wouldn't want to spend another $100 on a dud........Rich

Just had one done over christmas from Rodney Lainer @ mmi-tru tec, it came out great, the black it turns the stainless steel matches the cera-coat almost to a t and you cannot spray ceracoat that even. the cost for barrel and break was $65 + 20 return shipping. I will never build another gun again that does not have a melonited barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.