Meet The 6SST

Trust me....I wish Eric would give me the S&B that is on his 6.5x47L PRS rifle. This sub-par glass is killing me! Might have to put my Premier on it...
NF came out with a very good reticle for the ATCAR line. I used a 7-35 a bit and it was damm nice but needed a good reticle. Now they have one but I don't know when it will be available The only downside would be it wouldn't be much if any less expensive than the S&B or Tangent. Good shooting and thanks for sharing

Is there anymore new information about the 6sstout there? I'm thinking about one for my coyote calling rifle. I run surpressed for calling and would have to get a new surpressor for this build I'm am currently running a 22-243 with a 75g amax at 3500 and think this might be ideal for longer shots we get with the heavier yet and higher bc bullet. Thanks

I'd say the 110 at 3450 might. What would be a good Antelope/deer bullet? I've used the 105amax @ 3280 on a smallish doe and yotes. Kills well but I lost the offside shoulder. Yotes have baseball sized exits if I hit bone especially the near side This from an 8tw 243ai

I would say the 105, 115g Berger hunting vld would be a good bullet to try.

Also curious on barrel life for the 6SST ... both for pushing max velocity up around 3400 - 3500 vs cruising around 3100 - 3200 PRS velocities?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.