Meet The 6SST

Capt RB

Trust me....I wish Eric would give me the S&B that is on his 6.5x47L PRS rifle. This sub-par glass is killing me! Might have to put my Premier on it...
NF came out with a very good reticle for the ATCAR line. I used a 7-35 a bit and it was damm nice but needed a good reticle. Now they have one but I don't know when it will be available The only downside would be it wouldn't be much if any less expensive than the S&B or Tangent. Good shooting and thanks for sharing

lancetkenyon

NF MIL-C. Good reticle.
But the PRS rifle is not mine. Just have it to do some load research for Eric and Rich. But I sure am envious of it now.

Last edited:

zr600

Is there anymore new information about the 6sstout there? I’m thinking about one for my coyote calling rifle. I run surpressed for calling and would have to get a new surpressor for this build I’m am currently running a 22-243 with a 75g amax at 3500 and think this might be ideal for longer shots we get with the heavier yet and higher bc bullet. Thanks

Capt RB

I'd say the 110 at 3450 might. What would be a good Antelope/deer bullet? I've used the 105amax @ 3280 on a smallish doe and yotes. Kills well but I lost the offside shoulder. Yotes have baseball sized exits if I hit bone especially the near side This from an 8tw 243ai

lancetkenyon

110 SMK @ 3450 will slay a deer/pronghorn!

105 Hybrid, 115 HVLD, 110 Accubod, 101 Hammer Hunter.

zr600

I would say the 105, 115g Berger hunting vld would be a good bullet to try.

SteelBanger

Also curious on barrel life for the 6SST ... both for pushing max velocity up around 3400 - 3500 vs cruising around 3100 - 3200 PRS velocities?

elkaholic

Official LRH Sponsor
Also curious on barrel life for the 6SST ... both for pushing max velocity up around 3400 - 3500 vs cruising around 3100 - 3200 PRS velocities?
I wish I had a good answer. I know that at about 3175' with a powder like H1000, it would be running pretty cool at very moderate pressure.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce