Medicine Bow NF Wyoming Need advise

longbowelk

I have a general license. Got skunked in bow season hunting in Teton NF in western Wyoming. Never been to Medicine Bow but looks of interest. I am thinking of going into area 21. Other areas in MB look of interest. I can use boots or my horses. Anyone got any tips on this area? Weather in mid Oct to end of Oct? I will be hunting alone. Most of my elk hunting experience has been in Colorado so Wy is new. Mainly been bow hunting so I would be a newbie as far as the rifle and hunting this time of year. Any and all help would be appreciated. Feel free to PM.

I have a general license. Got skunked in bow season hunting in Teton NF in western Wyoming. Never been to Medicine Bow but looks of interest. I am thinking of going into area 21. Other areas in MB look of interest. I can use boots or my horses. Anyone got any tips on this area? Weather in mid Oct to end of Oct? I will be hunting alone. Most of my elk hunting experience has been in Colorado so Wy is new. Mainly been bow hunting so I would be a newbie as far as the rifle and hunting this time of year. Any and all help would be appreciated. Feel free to PM.
Great area, October you will have snow on ground. Prepare yourself to the fullest .

My buddy hunts 21, just spent a week up there with him. Lots of territory, lots of elk, and quite a few hunters. Prepare to work for it, lots of vertical country but the biggest herd in the state.

Thanks to all. I knew there was a lot of hunters according to the stats on Wy web site. I am not a fan of snow but I will prepare.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.