MEC. Marksman press,

shootallday

Anyone got one, I've been eyeing them since they came out. Seen some videos and read it's doing good on runout and keeping everything straight with the floating shellholder.

Tho I worry if the float would not be good if I'm forming brass or sizing bullets and such.

Or should I get a Redding big boss ii.

Thank.

I have one. I like it. Very solid. Mine has the Hornady LNL conversion up top too. Works well. I need some data and haven't measured runout yet.

Do you have it on your bench or the stand. Anything you don't like.
I have a pretty tall bench....like 40". Then I have a short ~4" inline precision QC riser and QC plate. So, it is mounted about 44" high. I can measure, if you want. I'm 6'3", but the bench is probably 2-3" too high. Press is about right to me....maybe 1-2" too tall.

Nothing that I don't like. Maybe that it doesn't come setup for LNL bushings!

I have a pretty tall bench....like 40". Then I have a short ~4" inline precision QC riser and QC plate. So, it is mounted about 44" high. I can measure, if you want. I'm 6'3", but the bench is probably 2-3" too high. Press is about right to me....maybe 1-2" too tall.

Nothing that I don't like. Maybe that it doesn't come setup for LNL bushings!
No need to measure, it just seems most use a riser for the empty primers.
Thanks for the info.

I have my MEC on an inline mount. I keep a lid from a metal cookie container on the inline shelf under the spent primer tray. I catch all the primers that pop out of the MEC spent primer tray in that lid.

I have my MEC on an inline mount. I keep a lid from a metal cookie container on the inline shelf under the spent primer tray. I catch all the primers that pop out of the MEC spent primer tray in that lid.
Thanks for the tip, is that the real heavy mount thinking the ultrmount.

I have my MEC on an Ultramount.

The back of my Ultramount is bolted through two 2x4s screwed together and a 3rd 2x4 mounted to the back side of them. They are all screwed into the 2x4s mounted 16" OC to 2x6s. Here are a few pics of the top of my bench before I mounted the 3/4" plywood and the 2x4s that my Ultramount is bolted too.

Last edited:
I have my MEC on an Ultramount.

The back of my Ultramount is bolted through two 2x4s screwed together and a 3rd 2x4 mounted to the back side of them. They are all screwed into the 2x4s mounted 16" OC to 2x6s. Here are a few pics of the top of my bench before I mounted the 3/4" plywood and the 2x4s that my Ultramount is bolted too.

Joist hanger your high class lol, bench looks solid for how open the bottom is.Thanks for the pictures. I'll probably make a riser since I'm always broke anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts