Measuring your powder.

For the past 1 1/2 years I have been using a Chargemaster digital with great success. I just recently sent it in for repair as the on/off switch quit working, and have been using my beam scale lately. I am not nearly as fast with the beam scale, and have to use a magnifying glass to see if I am right on for my charge weight. I miss my Chargemaster.

At this time I have Beam type scale for reloading....what is your opinion of the Digital design?

I have and use both types and would not take for ether one.

I use the chargemaster for most bulk loading. and the beam scale for working up test loads
where I might only load 3 to 5 loads befor I change the powder charge.

I also have a digital scale that is great for weighing brass and/or bullets. (Very Fast).

They all have there strong points.

I have a very good beam scale and I use it to check both digital scales because every now and
then they will go off on the calibration and this is a good way to verify there accuracy.

J E CUSTOM

I retired my beam scales years ago when the Mrs bought me a Dillon Determinator for my birthday.I didn't trust it at first and weighed charges with it and then checked them with a beam scale.It was never more than 1/10th of a grain off.
Now I have used it so long I can tell when it "hiccupps".
I just rezero it and then weigh the charge again.
Next on the list is a Pact digital measure/scale system.
Howard

"what is your opinion of the Digital design? "

Digital powder scales of any type are a solution for problems I don't have. But, other than being vastly more pricy than they should be, more than a bit quirky and relitively short lived, I suppose they are good enough. Those lucky enough to get a "good one" (many don't) seem to like them...until they crach anyway. (Digital stuff does that you know!)

Lessee, Chinese digital cell phones (cost as little as $12) are much more complex and rugged than Chinese digital scales/powder dumpsters that sell for 30 times more money. Maybe someone's getting ripped by our reloading companies?

I started Ohaus triple beam, moved up to Dillon D-Terminator, Then to Chargemaster. I also have an Acculab to doublecheck things.

IMO, my Dillon is an excellent reloading scale overall, and the Acculab is not a reloading scale at all, as it is too sensitive and time consuming(albeit, incredibly accurate).
But;
The chargemaster represents a huge leap forward in reloading, and is my favorite.
Fast as my Dillon, accurate enough, and sweet controlling of powder charges.
I could purge all else at this point.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.