Me And My Edge Colorado Bound

mike33

Getting everything packed for Co. 3rd season. Hoping to introduce my new edge to mr. or mrs. elk. Was able to get a leftover cow tag along with otc bull tag should help my odds. Hunted there last year seen some elk but couldnt get a shot. This year i feel like a different hunter, i actually slept, ate, and drank all information on lr shooting and was able to make it pracical. Thanks to alot of members here for sharing information and my new friend and member here " loosesniper " allowing me to shoot at his place i feel confident. loosesniper is only 40 minutes away and we shoot milk jugs almost every weekend from 1k to 1350 yards from his backyard almost turned in to a every weekend event. I have leaned even if i didnt hit the jug every shot my misses was elk vital hits. Now with around 300 rounds down the tube of my new rbros 338 edge at over 1k yards its time to rock and roll. I just hope i see a yellow milk jug on the shoulder of an elk to calm my nerves. Thanks again to all the members here that has shared there information, if it wasent for this site i would of never heard of an edge or nf scope. On the other hand my kids inheritance doesent look as good now.
338 edge
rem 700 trued
wyatt ext. box
fluted bolt
Broughton 28" 9.3 twist De brake
NF 5.5x22x50 npr-1 cosine ind. level 40 moa nr base and rings
Hs stock de cheekpiece
Smithed and stocked by Travis Redell
300 gr. SMK 2825
3500 kestrel
Dell amix with exball
Swaro 10x50 bin.
Leica 1600
Mike

Last edited:
Hope your hunt is successful. My son and I hunted deer north of Colbran during the third season. We didn't have elk tags and I sure wish we did. We saw eight bulls. If by chance your hunting in 421 PM me.

Hope your hunt is successful. My son and I hunted deer north of Colbran during the third season. We didn't have elk tags and I sure wish we did. We saw eight bulls. If by chance your hunting in 421 PM me.
no we are hunting 52 delta area east of grand masa
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.