Me and guns

Andrew Cowling

Hi all. Been a member for a while but lots all my details or it is my bad memory. Lol.
Anyway, I live in Tasmania Australia. I am a licenced gunsmith and enjoy repairing and ruilding rifles and hand guns. Sure do enjoy the challenges of long range shooting.
I run my registered business from home which keeps cost down which I pass on to my clients.
Most of my parts I got from Brownells USA but now since they have a store here in Australia I get most of them from there. However, some parts I can no longer get due to a company call NIOA that has a monopoly on some parts. They wont deal with me as they classed be as a "back yarder" even though I am fully licenced and registered.
It would be really good if I could find someone in the USA that would be able to post parts to me. Not asking for anything illegal or parts that require registration or export permits. Usually pins and springs and bolt parts ect. Just the kind of bits that I can keep the guns already here going. Very happy to pay a bit extra and happy to send copies of my credentials to who ever is willing to help so you know I am a legitimate dealer ect. It is only ruger, browning and winchester parts which I used to be able to get easily from Brownells USA.
On another note, I collect and shoot ruger guns. Built myself 3 long range rifles on Ruger VT actions. A 223 remington with a custom match chamber 1-8 twist 27 inch barrel, a .260 remingtom with a custom match chamber 1-8 twist 28 inch barrel and a wildcat of my own call 308 AC Magnum in a 1-10 twist 30 inch barrel. All have hand lapped stainless barrels.

Welcome to the forum! Even though the US firearms laws seem less than Australia I doubt anyone will risk getting questioned by US government about sending "gun parts" out of the country.

I have heard of people purchasing stuff from Brownells and then reposting on to Australia. Maybe that is a possibility? I am not interested in rifle actions or barrels nore interested in hand gun frames or slides. Just the small bits that dont require export permits ect.
Cheers for the replies

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.