MD youth hunt. Son’s first buck.

Nate hunted hard with me in the back 40 all weekend and at 4:30 PM eastern today, put a 115 Nosler through the lungs of this nice central MD whitetail at 170 yards. His first buck. Here he is. If you can see the rifle leaning against the pine in the background, it's my Cooper Jackson Game in .25-06. A rifle that I will hand off to him someday in hopes that the cycle will continue. I've been waiting 14 years for this. God smiled on both of us today!

View attachment 225626
Well done and congrats to both of you.

I have hunted with my son, and took them camping when they were to young to hunt, but while I was hunting. When they were in high school it help possibly in keeping them out of trouble. I would tell them I was going hunting or fishing in the morning. They were right there ready to do either. They got home earlier in the evening. I would also allow them to drive the 4x4 in the back trails that need 4 wheel drive before they were licenses to drive. They learned and it was great fun. We still hunt together now. They are in there 40's.

Nate hunted hard with me in the back 40 all weekend and at 4:30 PM eastern today, put a 115 Nosler through the lungs of this nice central MD whitetail at 170 yards. His first buck. Here he is. If you can see the rifle leaning against the pine in the background, it's my Cooper Jackson Game in .25-06. A rifle that I will hand off to him someday in hopes that the cycle will continue. I've been waiting 14 years for this. God smiled on both of us today!

View attachment 225626
Amen brother.