MD youth hunt. Son’s first buck.

Nate hunted hard with me in the back 40 all weekend and at 4:30 PM eastern today, put a 115 Nosler through the lungs of this nice central MD whitetail at 170 yards. His first buck. Here he is. If you can see the rifle leaning against the pine in the background, it's my Cooper Jackson Game in .25-06. A rifle that I will hand off to him someday in hopes that the cycle will continue. I've been waiting 14 years for this. God smiled on both of us today!

View attachment 225626
Nice job. Congrats.

Nate hunted hard with me in the back 40 all weekend and at 4:30 PM eastern today, put a 115 Nosler through the lungs of this nice central MD whitetail at 170 yards. His first buck. Here he is. If you can see the rifle leaning against the pine in the background, it's my Cooper Jackson Game in .25-06. A rifle that I will hand off to him someday in hopes that the cycle will continue. I've been waiting 14 years for this. God smiled on both of us today!

View attachment 225626
That's a great deer ! You'll always remember the first ! Awesome hunt !!

Nate has the brass from the one shot kill - one of Dad's reloads. That piece of brass is retired and will become a keepsake for the memory. Thanks!

Very cool! Exactly the same for me and my boy on Sunday. His first buck and kept the brass from the one shot kill. One of my hand loads. Doesn't get any better!

View attachment 225626

View attachment 225626

View attachment 225626
I think that this is terrific and a very special day for you Nate.
Congratulations to you for a job well done.
Here is to a bigger buck next season !
You, Nate have certainly made your father very proud.