Mcwhorter Apex LR

Deerhunter89

Hello everyone. I think I am about go ahead and order a mcwhorter 45xml after wanting one for quite some time. I am trying to decide about which stock i want. I like the looks of the apex lr that mcmillan makes for mcwhorter but the comb looks low on it and im concerned about getting a comfortable cheek weld with it. Im about 9 hours away from mcwhorter with a busy schedule so handling it befofehand isnt really an option. Anybody own one of these stocks? If so how is the comb height with a 50mm obj scope? Thanks in advance for any insight!

I have two. I understand your concern. I have a 50mm scope and I put a cheek pad on the stock and all is well.

I have two. I understand your concern. I have a 50mm scope and I put a cheek pad on the stock and all is well.
Thank you thats a big help i really appreciate it. I would rather not have to use any kind of pad or anything. I tried one once and didnt like it. What kind do you use?

Thank you, it really helps with a better cheek weld? It doesnt look like it sits any higher than the actual comb, and does it add bulkiness where it pushes your eye out of line wuth the scope?

This is from their website:
"The underside of the Stock Pack™ is completely lined with Velcro loop, including the face of the adjustment straps. This allows the user to add various types of hook material to raise the elevation of the comb. Other manufacturers have only a limited area for attachment, which reduces the amount of adjustment and options. Each Triad Stock Pack™ is provided with SIX strips of hook and loop material so you can adjust the height and fit to match your rifle. Without any material added, the Stock Pack™ adds about 3/8" to your rifles comb. The six strips offer an additional 3/8" to that."

Yea i guess they would be handy to store things in too.
Buzzsaw, they kick that bad even with a brake??
I watch McWhorters TV show and when Alan shoots it, to me, it looks like it kicks him pretty hard. His show is on The Outdoor Channel or Sportsmans Channel. Really good shows although he is in love with himself. They build a 100% first class rifle. He built me a 6.5 Weatherby which was a great rifle and was a laser killing machine.

Yea i watch the show too, it was one episode where the 45xml cut his eye pretty good but i figured he was just in a awkward positiin or sonething. Which stock did you get on your 6.5 they built you?
Alright guys on the triad stoxk pack do you like the shell loops inside or outside? Inside takes uo soace for other things and outside you risk them falling out or getting wet? What does everyone have?