Mcwhorter 7mm STW

I am rolling around the idea of buying one of these rifles and getting it in the pinnacle stock, looking at shooting 195's.... anyone have experiences or opinions on this rifle? Thanks.
I have a Mcwhorter 7mm STW and shoot the Berger 195's. It's awesome! I highly recommend both the caliber and Mcwhorter for the build. I am left handed and was planning to order one when I found a brand new one for sale on this forum. When I called Allan Roving at Mcwhorter to tell him I would not be ordering and had bought a rifle he recently built for another client, he could not have been nicer. He has since provided me with reloading advice and said to call anytime. Even though I did not purchase directly from him, he treated me great. I would not hesitate to buy from him in the future.
I shoot the 195's at 2980 FPS in the 0.2's. I have only had it on 1 hunt and killed a nice CO 5x5 bull. The rifle and the Berger both performed perfectly. Go with the Mcwhorter 7mm STW, you won't regret it!!!!

I'm sure I've posted this before but it's worth repeating. The guys at McWhorter are not only some of the very best at their craft, but outstanding human beings.
I've bought 3 rifles and 2 muzzleloaders from them over the past 12 yrs or so. That qualifies me as a good customer, but by no means is it unusual. I know 2 guys personally that have bought twice that number, at least and I'm sure there are many more. My point is I'm not some huge account that any builder would bend over backwards to please.
My little business went through a very challenging event around 5-6 yrs ago and I had to sell off a bunch of nice rifles, old collectible shotguns, and a prime tract of Iowa farmland. View attachment 280441It stung but it had to be done, I have a wife and two school age sons.
That hunting season I had an Iowa Muzz tag and still owned a good tract out there to hunt.
My problem was I didn't have a Muzzleloader anymore. I called McWhorter to get some input on shooting a different Muzz that a friend was loaning me.
I talked to Allan, one of the owners, at length about the Muzz and why I was borrowing one.
To make a long story less long, he ended up sending me his personal smokeless, which had maybe 3 trips on it, scope and all. After the hunting trip, he offered the whole rig to me at a very good price, and said to just send the $$ once my cash flow improved.
I took him up on his generous offer, thankfully was able to actually pay him, and still have that rig today. I just put a new scope on it, but the yrs prior I've shot a whitetail at 389yds, and my friend, who shoots competition (and wins), shot a 2" 3-shot group at 500yds.
This story is a testament to the kind of people that do still exist, and give you a pretty good idea of how they run their company.
Wow. A whole lot of awesome in that story!
Impressive muzzle loaders!!

I shoot all kinds of pills in mine 195 EOL ect but don't overlook the 168gr pills they are fantastic and like ac300rum said above they maybe barrel burners but they are made to be ridden hard and put away wet! I can get 3,452 fps with a 168gr ABLR and accurately! Don't try it with a Berger they are not designed to be pushed over 3,250 fps! I know from experience!!!! Not good experience!

Only shot 7 rounds so far, it's been hot here and cautious on barrel heating up. Did my drops out to 600, have a 12"metal plate with 3" red paint mark on it, 1 st shot at 600 just at the top left edge of the red. The plate is just regular metal, 195 Berger put a 5/8" deep hole in it😳. Going to get all my drops( clicks) dialed in as I am anxious to do some groups at 1000 yards.

Only shot 7 rounds so far, it's been hot here and cautious on barrel heating up. Did my drops out to 600, have a 12"metal plate with 3" red paint mark on it, 1 st shot at 600 just at the top left edge of the red. The plate is just regular metal, 195 Berger put a 5/8" deep hole in it😳. Going to get all my drops( clicks) dialed in as I am anxious to do some groups at 1000 yards.
lol - sorry i'm laughing with you only because i know! When i shot the hot burgers (being funny i know how to spell it) we went to check mine out which is only 400-500 (two) and it looked like swiss cheese! But that's very very promising with such a new gun and loads. Congrats;

I clean using the same method James uses at barbourcreek (video on youtube) and I clean around 40-50 shots. I found they really tighten up after 3 fouling shots after they get cleaned. I usually shoot 6 shots through mine prior to hunting after cleaning. The mtm patch catcher and small squirt bottle for solvent work very well. We've mainly shot blacktail/whitetail/mule deer. The longest shot being 1155 yards on a white tail, neck shot drt. The 195's work excellent at that range and under on deer, cant comment on terminal performance beyond that. I did have a blacktail at 1036 take 2 shots, and a mule deer at 870 take 2 shots (1 would have done it but I couldnt let it lay there and possibly die slow). My wife also shot a trophy cougar a few years ago at 780 yards. Ive been very happy with the 195. I bought enough gelatin to make 15 gallons of ballistic gel. I am going to do some bullet testing beyond 1000 yards once I get some time. Ill compare the 175 elite hunter, 195, 177 hammer and the 190 atip.
Can't wait to see this😁

You will absolutely love the 7mm STW