Mcwhorter 7mm STW

I am rolling around the idea of buying one of these rifles and getting it in the pinnacle stock, looking at shooting 195's.... anyone have experiences or opinions on this rifle? Thanks.
I am rolling around the idea of buying one of these rifles and getting it in the pinnacle stock, looking at shooting 195's.... anyone have experiences or opinions on this rifle? Thanks.
Have you ever had a rifle built by McWhorter?

No I haven't just read all the literature have watch the show fir a long time, just wanting a 7mm that throws high BC bullets and is very accurate. HVe watched the Barber creek guy a lot also, lots of good long range tips

I've owned several McWhorter builds, including an 7STW. I can promise that you won't find a better built custom rifle. I've only s
DEB0D88A-4743-4FB7-AE2D-960DD490EA66.jpeg
8B4A2D4D-1356-4E3D-B684-4FBABC611C66.jpeg
608B6414-78DE-4F53-B51D-D3BCDF308F03.jpeg
hot 180 Berger VLDH's and it's a tack driver, just like everything I've had them build. Call them and talk to Allan (one of the owners) or his son Kyle. They'll shoot you straight and answer any questions you can think of.

I stopped by McWhorter to check them out on the way down to Florida a few years ago, and ended up ordering a 7STW before I left. Alan, Tim and all of the guys are fantastic, and their rifle is amazing. They worked up the perfect load, gave me the recipe and seating depth, and they mounted my Nightforce scope and sighted in the rifle. Mine has a Stiller action, Brux barrel with 8-1/2 twist, McMillan stock and TriggerTech trigger. It shoots 195 EOLs at 2950 fps. I have taken 3 big 6x6 elk with it, including one at 801 yards and one at 847 yards (pictured in my avatar).

Attachments

• IMG_2344.jpeg
    IMG_2344.jpeg
    833.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2354.jpeg
    IMG_2354.jpeg
    586.1 KB · Views: 129
Bit the bullet, gun purchased, feel free to offer more opinions or experiences! I owned an STW in the late 80's, right after I read an article by layne Simpson, didn't know a thing about high BC bullets and reloading, ended up rebarreling it and now am looking forward to the new one, high BC Berger's and new powders that are available......watched James from Barber creek explain the pinnacle stock and why they developed it, made a lot of sense

Last edited: