McWhorter 300 WSM

beanur

I have a chance to by McWhorter custom rifle other than the Mcmillian stock. I have not heard of the Custom builder. The web site shows this rifle to sell for about $4895.00 I have a chance to buy it for 2500.00 it has less than 100 rounds through it... Its just the rifle no Scope..Did have a Night Force. If I buy it I will be putting a Vortex Viper 4x16 FFP Moa..I would like any input would this be a good rifle to buy.. gun)

I have no personal experience with McWhorters first hand, but they are on the show "Brush Country Monsters" (I think). There are two guys on the show that discuss their rifles, I think the older gentlemen is the owner and the younger is the riflesmith. The young guy sounds like he knows his trade well. The ranch owner and host of the show, has a few of the McWhorter rifles that he lets his clientele use on their hunt. Not sure if that's part of the package hunt deal or what. Nice rifles from what I can see though and they regularly shoot and test them on the show to 500yds. Hope this helps. JohnnyK.

I have a 338 lapua by them. My buddy has 2 guns by them.
All 3 are SWEET!!!! Alan does build a sweet gun. Top notch stuff and shoot sub MOA all day long. You can email them and they can give you the load data likely.

Well let me put this way. The Financial Adviser (Wife) :) Asked me could you build it for that or would it be better just to buy it ready to shoot. Hmmmm A bird in hand is better than two in the bush. I understood you can build it as the budget always or get the moneys out of the Savings account and buy it now as my retirement gift for retiring as a Police Officer..What would you..worry about .37 or .50 Moa..lolgun)

Shoooot!!!! My financial adviser would FLIP if she knew what these things cost!!!!
hahahhahaha Savings account that his unknown holds that money!! ahhahahaha
also, have to think about time to build and waiting!!! Not my strong suit....
I am waiting for a 7mm to be converted to a STW and he said 3 months.... I am on pins and needles right now!!!

One of the guys I've hunted with a few times shoots one. Very accurate, and an extremely nice rifle. I would not hesitate at all to buy one at $2500.

2500.00 its a BOUGHT rifle if it were me............................GONE it will be........a McWhorter.....................NO BRAINER!!!!! :D

I have one being built right now. It will be my first custom job. What caused me to go with them is I used to work with a gentleman who retired then came back for a while as a contractor a few months back for a project. We started talking hunting and he told me he has had several of their rifles. He showed me pictures of some of his targets and that was all it took to decide who I went with. If you don't jump on it, someone will. And I'd be willing to bet, they will be happy.

Its bought I will be picking it up Saturday...I have the Vortex viper 4x16 PST for it too just cant decide on what mounts. The seller kept the Nightforce and mounts, Just left the 20 Moa rail,,,Like a kid waiting for Christmas morning,,,gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.