MCR 7mm WSM

Kevin Cram

I just finished up member JMason's 7mm WSM yesterday. Everything came out great and John was very patient. But here's the breakdown.

Winchester model 70 WSSM action blueprinted and a single shot follower added.
Teardrop bolt knob blended into handle
Spiral fluted bolt
Action and bolt flutes Duracoated matte black
Kreiger barrel 1-9 twist #17 contour with a 3 port Muscle Brake
Timney trigger
Russo A5 / A3 stock with adjustable cheek piece and decelorator pad
Pillar bedded and automotive clear coat from MCR
Ken Farrel 20 moa base and rings
Sightron 8-32 x 56 with a fine cross hair reticle by Bill Ackerman
ACI and spirit level

I'll let John show the proof of the pudding once he takes possession of it.

Hope you all enjoy !!

JohnMason7mmWSM1.jpg

JohnMason7mmWSM2.jpg

JohnMason7mmWSM3.jpg

JohnMason7mmWSM4.jpg

Last edited:
I had a long winded visit with John a couple of months ago, face to face no less. My brothers and sister thought we were nuts.:D

Great lookin' rig. There won't be a safe piece of paper, chuck, bear or deer in that neck of the woods. (If I shoot it, will you go get it :))

Slight hijack- is an A5 Joel's or McMillan shoot-able from either side.

I had a long winded visit with John a couple of months ago, face to face no less. My brothers and sister thought we were nuts.:D

Great lookin' rig. There won't be a safe piece of paper, chuck, bear or deer in that neck of the woods. (If I shoot it, will you go get it :))

yes, on mine the grip is the same both sides and no cast-off, just the cheekpiece adjustment is one sided.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/7wsm-gets-makeover-53834/

yes, on mine the grip is the same both sides and no cast-off, just the cheekpiece adjustment is one sided.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/7wsm-gets-makeover-53834/

loaders_loft,

Yep, if your's is standard design it'll do. Thanks for the pic.

The reason I ask is that I have a build coming and I've not seen any of the parts. I picked up all of the major parts and pieces from completely unknown people. But that are all from here.:) And all the parts made it to the rifle smith.

Roy~

The A3-5L is an ambi stock as is the A-5L. This particular stock is a combination of the A-3L and the A-5L. I came up with this design a few years ago. It is right hand specific as I put a palm swell on it.

loaders_loft has the standard A3-5L.

As usual, another killer build Kevin. Can't wait to see it in person.

As usual, another killer build Kevin. Can't wait to see it in person.

Couldn't have said it better. I guess I'm a little late to the party! Roy I'll gladly run down anything you wack. Can't wait to get my hands on it!! I can't believe it's mine!

Seen it in person Wednesday night..and again thursday...this gun is super sweet.

orry John I won't lie I did touch it! lol

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.