MCR 6.5 Woodchuck Devastator

Kevin Cram

Today was a day of finishing up projects. I finally got my own woodchuck rifle put back together. I built this last year in 1 day, cleaned up the bedding the next day and did some load testing. I was out killing chucks long range on day 3. The action is one I built a few years ago as a test project. The barrel came off a customers F-Class rifle and the stock was a Boyds clearance for $99. I wasn't concerned as much about finish last year as I was functionality. After proving the rifle was a tack driver I tore it down over then winter and did some cosmetic work to it and installed a new mini muscle brake, polished the barrel, installed a better recoil pad and re-shaped and sanded the stock and gave it a new coat of gloss clear. I dubbed it my "Woodchuck Devastator" I should be hitting the fields with it any day now. Hope you all enjoy !!

WoodchuckDevastator1.jpg

WoodchuckDevastator3.jpg

WoodchuckDevastator5.jpg

Boy Kevin these things look SWEET I can't wait for my barrel to get here so you can get started on my 338 lapua improved we talked about!

Woodchuck Devastator?? I believe this rifle was dubbed "6.5x284 Americana" last year. This name can be heard being called out on your "Extended Impact" DVD.

I remember you talking about this one when I was up at your shop not long ago. It was in peices at the time so I didn't see it. Seeing it in these pics inspires me to rework an old chant from some years ago. Old dudes like me will remember it.

"SAY IT PROUD.........I'M MEAN AND I'M LOUD"!!!!!

Kevin,
looks great, now that you have let people know that you can build a rifle in 2 days,you are going to swamped with business.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.