McMillen A5 Sporter LA Remington

Krosebil

Howdy,

Bought this earlier this year to swap out on my Christensen Carbon Classic. Stock is inletted and drop in ready. I decided to go a different direction and stay with the factory stock. McMillen just raised the price on this very stock by $60.00 each. I paid $573.00 plus shipping before the price increase.
The stock was never used in the field.

$480.00TYD

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

Krosebil

Hi Brian,

Not sure on the weight. I can check it. Barrel contour is advertised to fit Remington Sendero. It fir a Christensen carbon fiber barrel with little work. A folded dollar bill as clearance to the front lug.

Thanks!

Bill

Krosebil

McMillen has this stock listed at 2.25#'s will need to check with a fishing scale tomorrow. To be clear this stock is an A3 Sporter. Tried to change the Title description but it won't let me. Sorry for the confusion.

Rhovee

Not to rain on your parade, but A3 sporter won’t accept a Sendero barrel. It’s either #4 or #5 max.

rfurman24

Not to rain on your parade, but A3 sporter won’t accept a Sendero barrel. It’s either #4 or #5 max.

You are raining on no ones parade because according the McMillan, the manufacturer, it will accept up to
  • Remington varmint/sendero/tactical/5R barrel contour
and it sure looks like an a3 sporter to me. McMillan list the weight as
Approx standard fill weight: 2.5 lbs (L700 inlet 2.7 lbs) (Ultralight Carbon Fiber stock 30-34 ounces) but I don't trust them. I am assuming by the color this is not the Carbon version?

Last edited:

Krosebil

You are correct it says a Remington varmint or #5 Douglas. I asked the folks at McMillen prior t my purchasing the stock and they said a Sendero barrel will work in this stock with minor fitting. The stock had a Christensen Arms carbon fiber barreled action in it for load development. With that barrel installed there was clearance room for a folded dollar bill to the lug.

Krosebil

You are correct it is an A3 Sporter....my mistake. Will measure weight tomorrow with a fishing scale at my work.

Trending threads