Mcmillan

dirtking

Hello everyone,
I am wanting to restock my savage 111 338 Edge. I have a factory BVSS stock on it right now but am looking at a McMillan a5. The stock I am looking at buying says it is a remington style a5 that is uninletted and was wondering if it would work if I sent it back to McMillan to have it inletted.

Thanks!

I can't answer your question but I can vouch for the accuracy you can get with Mcmillan stocks. I have Mcmillan stocks on at least 25-30 of my custom rifles. Was shooting several this weekend into really small groups including two different rifles in the 4" range at 1000 yards. I think they put the most effort into a comfortable ergonomic stock that helps with accuracy. Also their components and looks are top notch.

I would send McMillan an e mail inquiry. They are very responsive. I asked a few years ago about one of my Savages. As I recall, there were some limitations as to which of the magazine styles they could supply the A-5.

I dod get an email back and they said that if it was for a blind mag they should be able to inlet it but cant if it is for a bottom metal.

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.