McMillan

I agree completely, but still.... no one can take off that rush and never ending wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dave and i are both in the military, I am a 2x oif vet myself. Macmillian did give me a discount on my 2 stocks, however the wait is not worth the headaches. If i ever need Mcmillian stock again i will order it 6 months in advance. Three months was not enough.

d-a

I am on week 17, and still no stock. I did order an A-5 with all the bells and whistles and inleted for Nesika Action, and they told me it would take 12 to 14 weeks. Like I said, I am on week 17. I don't mind waiting for the best stock built, I guess I would just like to be told ,up front, how long it will really take to complete the stock. If they would have said 6 months, I still would have ordered one. I just want to be told the truth! I just hope, when I receive the stock, there are no mistakes.

Wildcat

i ordered one of them and was told 8 weeks
it took 20 weeks.
now to me this is a complete joke,is there not anyone out there that can give them a run for the money.?????
to me it should not matter if you have military orders our not,or if you only order one stock our 30, customer service should be the same.
the stock after import and the rest came to £350 i do not expect to have to wait 1 1/2 times longer than i was told it was going to take.
i have the stock now and i am glad i had one,(this is my second)and they seem to be better made than any other stock i have looked at.but that is no excuse to get your lead time wrong by so much,maybe if someone sent them a calender
they would be able to chart there time out better,or get someone in that has a clue about how long it would take to make the stocks,because as it is,it seems that someone is in the wrong job.
thanks
colin

My stock has apparently shipped.

It was within the time I was last told - actually one business day after my fax to them the stock was apparently completed.

Appparently my suggestion that the lead times be posted on the web and updated may get some attention. I suggested a full tracking system too and hope that gets implimented to save frustration, but it shouldn't be for me to suggest to McM how to keep their customers happy.

Now the wait for shipping....

Anyway, I think most people now know what they are in for with McM and can decide for themselves whether they a willing to put up with the wait and the level of service.

Wim

Its unfortunate that Mcmillan wont just be up front and state that the stocks will take 20 weeks when they very well know that is the case on almost every stock they make. Its like they intentionally try to decieve you to get the order. And the lack of customer service is a promblem plain and simple.
I had a rifle on order from volquartsen that they quoted me 4 months on. After 16 months Of calling them every month and having them lie to me I filed a complaint with the BBB.
It did not do any good but made them show their true colors.
The could care less about delaying and lieing to me but did not at all like the BBB sending them mail.

Get everything in writing including the lead time and discounts for late delivery. It also gives you the recourse to walk away from it if need be.

heres the latest scoop from mcmillan

Your F-Class stock is in our hardware department, and should be finished in approx. 2 to 3 weeks. Not alone being extremely busy, we had three guys quit and one guy passed-away, we have hired new people, but it takes time to train them. I know this does not help you, but we are doing everything we can to shorten our delivery time.

i ordered the stock on march 15th i should see it @ the 6th month after i ordered it. Not too bad for a 12-14 week wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

d-a

I talked to McMillan on Wednesday, August 2, 2006, and asked when would my stock be delivered. I ordered it on March 5, 2006. The lady informed me it would ship in two weeks. I kindly informed her that she told me that two weeks ago, I asked her "Is this the common thing to say to customers when they call asking about their stocks" she kinda just sat on the phone and did not say anything. After waiting, she replied, "Sir your stock will be delivered to you in two weeks". I than replied back and said "Maam, I am not trying to be rude, I just want an honest answer to my question" She replied back "Let me check with the shop". After about a 5 minute wait she got back on the phone and said "Sir, your stock will go out in two weeks from todays date" I called on the 2nd of August, so I should receive my stock on August 21, 2006, this date includes actual UPS time. I will let you know if it comes in.

Wildcat

[ QUOTE ]
I talked to McMillan on Wednesday, August 2, 2006, and asked when would my stock be delivered. I ordered it on March 5, 2006. The lady informed me it would ship in two weeks. I kindly informed her that she told me that two weeks ago, I asked her "Is this the common thing to say to customers when they call asking about their stocks" she kinda just sat on the phone and did not say anything. After waiting, she replied, "Sir your stock will be delivered to you in two weeks". I than replied back and said "Maam, I am not trying to be rude, I just want an honest answer to my question" She replied back "Let me check with the shop". After about a 5 minute wait she got back on the phone and said "Sir, your stock will go out in two weeks from todays date" I called on the 2nd of August, so I should receive my stock on August 21, 2006, this date includes actual UPS time. I will let you know if it comes in.

Wildcat

[/ QUOTE ]

they said the same thing to me but mine went in 3 weeks as i live in the UK.(thats how long i gave them till i rang them again.)
this happened 3 times.and they seem to be giving out different excuses to different people.
good stocks,but there customer service is [censored]!

they told me that they did not realize how many orders they had took,until it was to late.hmmmmmmmmm
thanks
colin

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.