Mcmillan vs. B&C with aluminum bed.

feelinducky

I have a B&C stock the Aluminum bedding block installed on a 270WSM built by LRI. It has been bedded and the rifle shoots decent. I acquired a McMillian mountain rifle stock that I was going to use for a different build but decided to go another way. I need to get rid of one stock. Should I keep the McMillan and install it on the 270wsm or keep my set up the way it is? How much better is the McMillan vs the B&C? I need to sell one stock. Opinions are welcomed.
Thanks

In my opinion a properly bedded Mcmillan stock is the finest stock you can buy at any price. There are others out there, some cheaper some more expensive, but none have match the quality consistently of a Mcmillan stock. If your BC is bedded properly I am not going to say you will see an accuracy difference, but all things considered it doesnt get better than Mcmillan.

Stocks with aluminum bedding blocks are usually kinda heavy. Just depends on if you want a heaver or lighter rifle. The McMillan mountain rifle stock is probably lighter. Weigh both without the action and see what the weight savings are.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.