McMillan stocks

EXPRESS

You can buy McMillan stocks, ready to ship at the LRH Store. I have been speaking with the people over at McMillan for the last few weeks.

I had problems getting my plans to match with the inletting McMillan offer for their tatical stocks.

I spoke to a very helpful and patient lady named Kay, who later reffered me on to Dick, who competently explained exactly how the action (Sako 75) would fit should I get a blank and have it cut by hand, I have a clear idea of what I should expect as a result.

In a nutshell the action I wished to use would fit into the stock, but the tang would remain up to 5mm proud, requiring some further modification.

The McMillan family people have treated me exactly as they do their stocks, as an individual, not just a customer.

I am very, very impressed with the quality of assistance I got from them and with the quality and versatility of their products.

Two thumbs up to them!
grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto! I have an A-2 that they cut for a Savage 110 FP. It pressed right in and has inhanced the accuracy and is a joy to hold and shoot. Have not even bedded yet! Very impressive indeed
grin.gif

The difference between McMillan stocks and some of the others is that McMillan CNC machines the receiver area and barrel channel with a computer program specific to each model of rifle, barrel, bottom metal etc. Most other stocks are molded with the receiver and barrel channel in the mold, they cannot factory accomodate specific barrel diameter changes, bottom metal (Badger or Williams or whatever). Some have aluminum inserts (bedding blocks) but although the inserts are also made on CNC's they cannot fit every receiver perfectlyl, too many manufacturing tolerances. Same goes for McMillans, even tho they usually fit like a glove, they work better with a proper bedding job.
My last McMillan's were spec'd out for a Williams floorplate and another for a Badger Ord. floorplate assembly. Fit absolutely perfect. SWEEET.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.