Mcmillan sold to Bob Beck

I love and own a few mcmillan stocks. I admire the artwork and individuality of each one I own. The cynical part of me has always thought..."the questionably sober Arizonian (probably 100% legal) that showed up that day (or picked up at Home Depot that morning) to finger paint this thing could not give a coatimundi's... tail about this item", but dang-it I love them.

I hope nothing negatively impacts the long term management of the company. Though, I can appreciate and understand how the age of an individual owner can impact these retirement-esque decisions I'm not required to like it. I also appreciate/love capitalism, whilst hating another long standing family owned company becoming another eventual Vista annex/consumptive.

Attachments

• 57AC7A49-C992-44F4-AA0B-4822CAB775E9.jpeg
    57AC7A49-C992-44F4-AA0B-4822CAB775E9.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 74CC4D13-8B79-465F-B603-295C5A6CAD07.jpeg
    74CC4D13-8B79-465F-B603-295C5A6CAD07.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 134
God I'd hate to be in the gun/hunting/outdoors business.
Be a good businessman, treat employees and customers equally well, build a family business. Get ready to retire, the employees won't buy you out. Sell to another guy in the gun/hunting/outdoors business instead of a big corporation. Then get all types of vitriol spewed your way.
'Merica.

Be a good businessman, treat employees and customers equally well, build a family business. Get ready to retire, the employees won't buy you out. Sell to another guy in the gun/hunting/outdoors business instead of a big corporation. Then get all types of vitriol spewed your way.
'Merica.
Don't think he earned it, Don't poach then try to spew B.S a year later.

'Merica.
If you'd hate to be in the gun and outdoor business, might as well avoid any other business. Business itself is cutthroat. At least in the outdoor industry it's not strictly about $. People who work in the industry value passion over money most of the time.

I understand where you're coming from. I hope what I said previously didn't sound too critical. Consider me realistically hopeful.

'Merica.
No one was giving McMillan a hard time for who he sold to, let alone Vitriol. You put something up for sale, you can't really be expected to have to vet the purchaser. Guy with the cash wins. What we are saying is we don't like the fact the new owner is an admitted and convicted poacher. Remains to be seen if his business ethics and dealings rise above his hunting record because he has some darn big shoes to fill after the McMillans.

No one was giving McMillan a hard time for who he sold to, let alone Vitriol. You put something up for sale, you can't really be expected to have to vet the purchaser. Guy with the cash wins. What we are saying is we don't like the fact the new owner is an admitted and convicted poacher. Remains to be seen if his business ethics and dealings rise above his hunting record because he has some darn big shoes to fill after the McMillans.
10-4, it seems my post was in error. Apologies

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.