mcMillan rem inletting.

Orange Dust

Little brown truck just brought me a new stock. It's a rem hunter for a sendero. Dont want to sound stupid but if never seen this done. Inletting for trigger goes through to the mag well with no cross brace. In other words where you would put a cross pin on a wood stock it is a clear opening. This is where Remington sticks split and seems like the stock would flex in the middle if shot. Is it a machining error or are they just smarter than me? I know you guys know.

Little brown truck just brought me a new stock. It's a rem hunter for a sendero. Dont want to sound stupid but if never seen this done. Inletting for trigger goes through to the mag well with no cross brace. In other words where you would put a cross pin on a wood stock it is a clear opening. This is where Remington sticks split and seems like the stock would flex in the middle if shot. Is it a machining error or are they just smarter than me? I know you guys know.
You have no worries, the good composites will not split.

If you are the least bit concerned call them, their customers service people are the best, friendliest, and most friendly I've found anywhere in the industry.

I was more worried about accuracy . Seems like it would be less stiff that way. Never seen an edge fill before. I know the carbon is stiffer than glass.

I was more worried about accuracy . Seems like it would be less stiff that way. Never seen an edge fill before. I know the carbon is stiffer than glass.
If i remember right the edge fill is for the lightest stock possible which may explain the inletting.

The stiffness between the action/trigger guard screws is coming from your receiver anyway.

If you have issues, call them, they'll clear it up fast. If you're really worried, putting in a cross bolt is a very simple operation.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts