McMillan Lead Time

FEENIX

Well-Known Member
LRH Team Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
16,998
Location
Great Falls, MT
I plan to next week. I'm interested to hear what lead times people are actually seeing.
It would be different from yours by the time you place your order. More than likely, it is an estimated delivery date, not actual, so it requires patience and understanding from customers. Good luck!
 

Thunder17

Well-Known Member
LRH Team Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2018
Messages
104
Location
WV
Ordered mine on March 30th, they shipped it a couple days ago. Tracking info says it’ll be here on Tuesday. Game Hunter with edge fill in alpine carbon ambush. They quoted me 4-6 months, so it’s a few weeks earlier than expected. Definitely a pleasant surprise when I got the email with tracking info!
 

rem.xp100

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
90
Call and talk direct. As you may or may not know, McMillan changed hands a bit ago. I replied to a questionnaire from them recently and my complaint was lead time. I had a reply back very quickly and here is what they said:

We are listening to our customers. The number one feedback that we hear is that it takes too long to get a McMillan stock. We are taking action. A full 33% of our stock offerings and nearly 50% of our action inlets account for less than 10% of our total sales. The numerous stops and starts these rarely used stocks and inlets produce has a significant impact on how fast we can complete the other 90% of the stocks and inlets we provide

Due to this reality, we have discontinued these 33% of the low volume stocks and nearly 50% of these rarely requested inlets. We will complete all orders that had already been placed but no further orders for these discontinued stocks and inlets will be taken.

We are already seeing the positive impact from this change. Stocks that used to take 4-6 months are now being completed in less than 3 months or faster (result vary). We are still working some low volume stocks through the system so we haven’t reached our full potential but we expect that by this summer, getting a McMillan stock in a much more reasonable period of time will become normal.

If you have any questions regarding which stocks and inlets have been discontinued, please call our customer service staff at 623-582-9635. They are ready to help get you into our over 200 McMillan stocks and nearly 2,500 different inlet options that remain active.
 

tdot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2015
Messages
239
I was quoted 6 months. The person I spoke to suggested I check out their pre-made flat stocks. I found one that was close enough to the stock I'd planned to order, they inlet it for the action of my choice and it was in my hands within 2 weeks.
 

grouse

Well-Known Member
LRH Team Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2010
Messages
2,908
Location
Outside
McMillan was bought by Bob beck and that was one of his priorities is reducing the lead. times. He is reduce some of his offerings because of that and some of the custom one of kinds of things but he’s working on the leadtime issue now
 

Flintlock

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
133
Location
Central Oklahoma
Been getting the XP100 pistol stocks in about 6 months. Not sure on rifle stocks if ordered. I have only ordered what they had in stock with getting rifle stocks.
Mike
 

hadjii

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
276
Location
Iowa
I ordered an HTC, M40 stock from McMillan a month ago. I was quoted 4-6 months, and it showed up at my house on Wednesday. Go figure. Rather have it earlier than later though.
 
Top