McMillan hunter

I don't have a picture or a rifle built with one of those stocks. I do have a stock that I bought so I could see if I liked them. From the front of the magazine back, I like the stock better than any fiberglass stock I have ever had in my hands. I'm not going to use the blank I have because of the forend. I don't like it because it is so thin.

I did not get it with pillars. My brother made up some custom pillars and we installed them when we bedded it.

6.5 rem mag Douglas barrel with McSwirly Hunter

DSCN1246.jpg

DSCN1248.jpg

DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0905.jpg

280AI Hart barrel stainless with black/white/gray

DSCN0466.jpg

280AI.jpg

FYI. I like the McMillan hunter stock but it limits you to a " sporter "contour. The McMillan Remington Hunter is very close in shape but a bigger forend.

I also have a Remington Hunter. I like that stock really well for a heavy barrel. The diameter of my barrel at the tip of the forend is 1 inch. I have .040" clearance and a flat about .100" wide on both sides of the barrel at the forend tip. The difference in the size of the forend between a Remington Hunter and A McMillan Hunter is huge. If they would put a BDL size forend on the McMillan Hunter, it would be perfect for my taste with a medium weight barrel.

Edd I agree 100%. The back end of stock (grip ) is as close to perfect as can be at least for my hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.