McMillan Game Warden LR

Lovellr653

Hello Folks,

I am purchasing components for my first rifle assembly and am looking for feedback on McMillan stocks, specifically the new Game Warden LR. I am open to alternative models and what ever other suggestions you may all have as well.

I am putting together a midweigt (9-10lb w/scope) 300PRC hunting rifle using a Terminus Kratos action, 22" CarbonSix magnum contour barrel, and Hawkins Hunter DBM. I need to get a stock ordered up and like the looks/features of the McMillan Game Warden LR. There's not much info on this stock floating around yet from what I can find; anyone have first hand experience or the inside track with this stock? Additionally would I be better off looking into a stock that has an adjustable cheek riser or is that feature not really all that necessary for a hunting rig? Preference on flush cups or sling studs? Any help or insight is appreciated, having limited experience with aftermarket stocks and rifle builds I am open to what ever info you all have to provide. I will keep searching around in the meantime.

Thanks

The GW LR is basically the GW 2.o with an A3 but stock and higher comb with some negative in it which in my opinion isn't necessary
it will be the best "hunting style stock" that you can get next to the manners EH1 ..
flush cups YES all three sides front and rear you will use all of them at one point in time
A cheek piece will ad at least a pound and I've found they are un necessary in my opinion on a hunting rifle where you will most likely look for the smallest optic and will get it as low as possible.
put an atlas BT-15 on it and buy an atlas cal bipod

The GW LR is basically the GW 2.o with an A3 but stock and higher comb with some negative in it which in my opinion isn't necessary
it will be the best "hunting style stock" that you can get next to the manners EH1 ..
flush cups YES all three sides front and rear you will use all of them at one point in time
A cheek piece will ad at least a pound and I've found they are un necessary in my opinion on a hunting rifle where you will most likely look for the smallest optic and will get it as low as possible.
put an atlas BT-15 on it and buy an atlas cal bipod
Wonderful info, thank you! I do like the Manners EH1 as well, what kept me from manners is having to install pillars myself. It's probably not as big of a deal as I think but it's not something I've done before.

I ordered mine back in January and still have a couple months to wait, I'll post pictures once it comes in. Would love to see some in the wild, while I wait.